6. The Tutor

6

I did go back the next morning. She was still sleeping peacefully so I don't have to worry about her being frightened about being alone in the hospital.

Last night I tossed and turned with the thought of having a crush on Gracie. At first it seemed awful and I really wanted to just slap myself, but the more I thought about it, I realized it may not be that bad. I mean I actually look forward to our tutoring time so I guess maybe I've liked her for a while without thinking about it. I don't know.

Finally she was waking up.

"Good morning." I said smiling.

"Morning sunshine. The earth says hello." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you're feeling better. The doctor said you can come back today, but you have to rest for a while, and no leaving your room."

"What a drag." She said pouting.

"Come on. The dean already signed all the papers for you to leave. It's my job to get you home safely."

"Lucky you."

"Yeah, this is just what I signed on to do when I started tutoring you." I said sarcastically.

She just chuckled. "Oh relax. It's not a big deal."

"I'm missing class."

"But you're like super smart."

"That is true."

She got out of bed and went and changed back into her clothes. She came out and she did look a bit better, but still sick.

"How are you feeling?"

"Well, seeing as how I just threw up. Not too great."

"Well, let's get you out of here."

We walked out and he flagged down a taxi.

We got back to the school and he walked me to my room. "Well, here you go. I've got to go get a letter from the dean and what not." I started to leave.

"Wait, Carson."

I turned around to face her. "What?"

"Would it be too much to ask you to stay for a while?"

"Yes."

She looked down kind of hurt, and then the side of me that has a crush on her sighed. "But, I suppose it won't hurt any if I do. Just for a little while though."

She looked up and smiled. Then she just grabbed my hand and dragged me into her room.

"Okay what do you want to do?" She asked.

"I don't know, just put in a movie and let's see where it goes from there." I said.

"Okay! I went and bought some movies a while back so let's pop one in!"

She went up and began messing with the DVD player. She stuck a movie in then stood up. She didn't look good. "I'll be right back." She said running into the bathroom.

I winced when I heard her throw up. Gross.

She came back out after a couple minutes. "Sorry."

"Feeling better?"

"A little. Now let's watch this thing!"

She went over to her bed and plopped down. She patted the bed next to her and I went and sat next to her. We were watching a movie called The Illusionist. It's a mystery thriller. I have to say through the whole movie it had me guessing until the very end and I'm the smart one here. She sat there sucked into the movie, whispering to herself. "I don't get it. I just can't figure it out. Who's the bad guy in this?"