Chapter 11

"Why do I even try? Give me a reason whyI thought that I could trust you, never mindWhy all the switching sides? Where do I draw the line?I guess I'm too naive to read the signs

I thought that I could trust you, never mind
Why all the switching sides? Where do I draw the line?
I guess I'm too naive to read the signs."

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

" Ingrid, don't be shy now. Say hello," Ingrid gulped as she tried to speak, but the words couldn't form.

" H-hello.. Tristian " He didn't utter a sound. He just stared her down as the anger inside him continued to build. Taking notice of his rising anger, Noah turned to Samuel and smiled harmlessly.

" We should leave these two to get settled in with each other, don't you think Samuel? " Ingrid's father nodded much to her dismay.

" I agree entirely. You two get to know each other. We'll be in the next room over " Both men went over to the door and left. Tristian continued to look down at Ingrid. She stood up slowly and kept her eyes trained on him.

" Tristian I- " He cut her off.

" Is this what you've been doing? " 

" What do you mean? " She asked, confused, and he scoffed.

" Trying to get close to me, just because you're working for my father. Lying about who you really are. All you did was lead me on to think I could trust you when you did all this just for Noah " Where was he getting these assumptions from? She asked herself as she tried to calm him down.

" Please, Tristian I- " He cut her off again.

" Don't. I don't want to hear any of your bullshit. " Ingrid felt taken back at his use of language, and he turned ready to walk out.

" Tristian, I wasn't lying to you about anything.. " He stopped in his tracks, and she continued.

" You didn't exactly tell me the full truth about who you or your father are either " He chuckled dryly and turned to her.

" At least I wasn't informed that I would be keeping a certain 'someone' under control. I'm sure at some point in time you knew we would be 'working' together, and you didn't even bother to tell me. " She could feel tears coming to her eyes at his false accusations, and she held back a small sob that wanted to surface.