KYTE (Iselen P.O.V)

Pain. An excruciating pain takes me out of my unconscious state and I'm tempted to whine out loud for a second till I remember... a breath of warm air, the backyard door open, a hooded figure at the doorstep, a blow to the head and then... darkness. It doesn't take brains to realize that Ruby's enemy has kidnaped me, the Sorceress warned me that something like this might happen but I didn't expected it so soon. Once again, I regret being so stupid and I'm sorry for disobeying my girl. Anyway, there's no good solution to that so I'd better think of how to get out of here.

First thing is becoming aware of my own body. I'm resting on my side on a hard surface and my head is throbbing because of the blow but is bearable, on the contrary the sharp pain in my side only allows me to take shallow breaths: I think I may have one or two broken ribs. That's bad news. It don't feel my hands or ankles tied up but I don't think I can get very far if I try to run away, above all because of the pain in my ankle that is telling me it's probably broken too. So the overall situation is all fucked up. Yes, I know, it's weird to hear me cursing but I think the occasion demands it. In addition to this, I feel pain, lot of pain, not only in my ankle or ribs, but all over my body. The temptation of casting a healer spell is great, I'm not able to heal serious injures with my power but I could ease the pain a little.

"Don't do that Iselen, the energy flows around you when you gather it to cast a spell and she could sense it. Kyte doesn't know that you have some magical knowledge and you can take advantage of it. So keep calm and hold on." This is funny: I give advice to myself with Ruby's voice. Just for a moment I feel like laughing despite my problems. If it weren't for this pain...

I think I passed out again but I don't know for how long. I have no doubt that the Sorceress will come for me but I hope this won't take long, the pain is less now but I'm feeling weaker and weaker. I believe I'd be dead if it wasn't for all that vampire blood in my system giving me strength. I swallow hard despite my almost dry mouth, I should be doing something useful instead of lying here feeling sorry for myself. I need to do something to take my mind off the pain.

All right, let's start again. There's a hard and cold surface under my body, it seems like stone so I think I'm lying on the ground. The air is also cold around me, I feel the breeze and I can hear a trickle of water somewhere behind me... Is this a basement or maybe a dungeon? No, the sound of water echoes like this is some kind of big room. I'm in a cave, most likely. I can't sense any movement around me or steps echoing in the distance, there's no one near so I dare to open my eyes a little. There's no one in sight. I blink to focus on my eyes and confirm my suspicions: I'm lying on the ground of an enormous hall or cave, I'm unable to see the walls or the ceiling since the light can't reach the end of this room, despite the fact that there're two candelabra with five candles each on a table surrounded by dark wood chairs in front of me.

I can hear steps getting closer now. I close my eyes and try to keep stabilized my shallow breaths, I don't want them to know that I'm awake. Sounds like two people: they leave something on the table from what I can hear, someone drags a chair along the ground and the legs make an unpleasant noise, then glass pieces rattling... They have opened a bottle of wine and someone is pouring a glass. The steps of one of the two guys come closer to me but they sound light on the ground, with the distinctive sound of a pair of woman's high heeled boots.

- She's still unconscious, I think I hit her too hard – the voice I sweet and melodious, not what I was expecting – Anyway, it's her fault, who would've thought that the girl was going to fight even halfway passed out. Ruby likes them feisty, that's for sure: it's a pity that she's going to lose this one. By the way, where is she? She should be here by now.

- I'm sorry my Lady but there's absolutely no sign of her yet. The guards told me that she isn't even following the trail. Maybe she doesn't care about this girl after all.