Chapter 1

The Breeze blew her hair wildly as she marched towards her college dorm. The summer sun shone so bright it contradicted the effect of the breeze that whipped at her face. Her freckled face had no indication of a smile appearing any time soon. Her eyes the rarest green held sadness as she slowly made her way to the dorm room she was renting from the campus. She was sad to leave her family, her home and her confort zone.

Her face held no smile due to the fact she was dreading meeting her roommates who she would in fact be stuck with for the whole semester to come. She dreads meeting new faces because they always seem to judge her even before they get to know her. She supposed that's what she was doing in that instant as well, she hadn't even met them yet she pegged them as judgmental. As she got to the gates her stomach turned and she felt as if she would vomit from the anxiety that filled her.

She wanted nothing else than to turn around and drive back to her home since birth. She wished to crawl in her old bed and sleep this nightmare off until she could see the bright side of everything. She only wanted the security she once knew. College was a new experience to her and it scared her to much to proceed to go too but she knew better than to turn back now.

She wanted to be fearless, the complete opposite to what she used to be when she roamed the halls of her unforgiving, hateful high school. She used to be weaker than she was, she used to coward away from everyone letting them walk all over her. She still does but with a lot of strength she forces herself to be stronger and say no when she wants too.

She refused to let those around her make her feel like a lesser person instead of an equal. She knew she was a little thicker than the average seventeen year old but who cared? She was gorgeous, she had a slightly thicker body but with curves in all the right places. Her eyes were a rare shade of green with hazel brown near the pupil. Her smile could light the whole city up with the slightest tilt upwards and she had the laugh of a goddess.

But the guys in high school couldn't seem to grasp the idea as to why she was perfect the way she was. Thicker or not she was beautiful naturally without the help of makeup caked onto her face.

Realizing she was standing a tad to long near the gates, she huffed and walked to the main hall to collect her keys to her new home for the semester. She refused to see the joys in the chance of a new life because what everyone else saw as a happy new beginning, she saw as a new beginning for others to torture her for her size.

"Hi, I'm Avery Blue." She quietly spoke with a hint of a smile appearing onto her face. "I was wondering if this was where I pick my keys up for my dorm room?"

The lady at the desk smiled warmly at her and nodded her head. "Yes my dear. Give me a few minutes to write in the system that you had come and gotten your keys to your dorm. Would you like to know the names of your roommates dear?"

Her smile became wider as she talked with the lady at the desk, she reminded her of her old English teacher Mrs. Keller. She was the sweetest lady on the entire planet. "Yes please, I would greatly appreciate it."

Realizing she had no name to identify the lady at the desk she asked "Sorry to bother you again ma'am but what is your name?"

The older women smiled sweetly at Avery as if that made her day. "My name is Mrs. Simons but you can call me Annie. I'll be the person you can come to if you need anything. Also dear your roommates names are Ackline Carson and Alice Slater."

The smile she was supporting turned into a small frown but she nodded and said "Thank you Mrs. Simons."

"Annie dear."

"Okay thank you Annie." Her smile reappeared seconds later. "Have a wonderful day."

As she walked towards her dorm room she felt the fear build within her and she stopped directly in front of her door to compose herself. She scolded herself, you must be fearless, do not let them make you feel worthless because you are a damn Queen who needs to realize that.

Taking her last breath she placed the key into the lock and opened the door not expecting what she saw. There was four people standing in her dorm two males and two females. She felt as if she interrupted something.

"Sorry I'll come back later if you'd like." She went to turn and leave when a hand clasped down on her shoulder.

"Hi I'm Ackline Carson and this is my boyfriend Chase Langston." She placed her hand towards Avery and she had a smile filled with warmth on her face, Avery shook her hand and smiled politely at them.

"Hi I'm Avery Blue and I guess we're roommates."

Ackline nudged Alice indicating she should be nice. "Hi I'm Alice Slater and this is my friend Noah."

Noah gave Avery a small smile and shook her hand, Alice shook her hand without a smile. Other than Alice everyone seemed warm and friendly. Avery thought wow I might just like it here after all.

Her gaze drifted to the floor where a couple bags were, the surprising thing she saw was the cheerleader outfits on the top. Her mind raced with terrible thoughts, memories rushed back to her from her high school experience.

Maybe she wouldn't like to share a dorm with these girls after all. Thinking about spending time with cheerleaders caused her anxiety. Her mission was to stay away from the eyes of the popular and now she was right smack in the middle of the thing she wanted to stay away from.