― v. jealousy's a bad look

𝓙𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲'𝐬 𝐚 𝓑𝐚𝐝 𝓛𝐨𝐨𝐤

"Oh, Ronald Weasley! You complete — insensitive — prat!" 

Edelyn rolled her eyes as Hermione whacked the top of Ron's head with her copy of that morning's Daily Prophet

"Knock it off, Hermione!" Ron shouted, his fork clattering against his plate as he ducked away. "I just said what we were all thinking."

"No, what you were thinking!" Hermione's eyes drifted to the glass of pumpkin juice next to her bowl of porridge ( oh, how she wanted to— ).

"Cut it out, the both of you," Edelyn hissed and snatched the glass of pumpkin juice away and placed it safely out of Hermione's reach. Hermione frowned, frustration rippling in the strands of her bushy hair, then began to stack some slices of toast onto a napkin.

"What are you doing?" Ron asked. 

"Going to see Harry," Hermione spoke briskly. "Because in case you've finally lost what few brain cells you have, Ron, he's our friend." Standing up, she added hotly, "He's never lied to us before, and I can't see why he'd start now." 

Ron glowered at the back of Hermione's head as she stormed out the Great Hall. Ears scarlet, he turned back to his plate of breakfast and began stabbing his fork into his sausages, shoving them in his mouth and chewing so violently that Edelyn feared he might accidentally bite his tongue off. She eyed him gingerly, then reached over and picked a blueberry muffin out a basket. She cut it in half, bit into the stump ( leaving the best bit for last ) and spoke very cautiously, "Ron, maybe you went—"

"You siding with him too, then?" Ron immediately snapped. 

"I'm not siding with anyone," Edelyn said exasperatedly. "And neither is Hermione." 

Ron scoffed. "Yeah right." 

Edelyn rolled her eyes. "Hermione wasn't wrong, you know. You were being an insensitive prat. You accused Harry of using the Invisibility Cloak to get into the tournament all for the added fame and galleons. I mean, seriously, Ron..." She shook her head. "One, the Cloak would never have worked, and two, Harry has enough fame and riches as is." 

"Right, as the Boy Who Lived," Ron grumbled. "Hero of the Wizarding world and all." 

Edelyn frowned. "Jealousy doesn't look good on you."