92. STEVE: Unforgettable

A/N: I am currently working on five or so requests from you lovely people! They'll all be up really soon, I've already started mapping them all out! Just got to finish organizing them on paper :)

ALSO does anyone know if Wattpad has a chapter limit?? I'm getting really high up in chapters and would hate for it to stop me without me getting the chance to wrap things up... should I make a second book if there's a limit? What do you all think?

Lots of love! You guys are seriously the best.

Winnie

PS LOOK AT THAT PERFECT BODY UP THERE IN THAT GIF!!

Those hips don't lie. YOU MAKE A WOMAN GO MAD, STEVE. (Now I have Shakira stuck in my head).

Words: 3.7K

You clamber out of the yellow taxi cab into the rain. The New York sky sheds a layer of moisture onto the top of your head while you juggle three paper sacks of groceries. The doorman is too busy to help you into the elevator so you make the venture alone. As soon as you've ridden to your floor, the fifth, someone tall and masculine smelling is standing in your way.

"Oh," you gasp when you see him. "Didn't expect to see you there, Steve."

Your ridiculously attractive neighbor with the tufts of blond hair smiles kindly. "Need a hand?"

Before you can even respond, Steve's grabbing two of the sacks. "Thanks," you laugh lightly, "You always seem to be around just when I need you, Steve." You begin to walk down the hall with Steve beside you.

Steve's eyes, which are the color of denim jeans, flicker to your feet. He lifts them again with a tight-lipped smile. "Fortunate timing, I guess."

"I guess so." You stop outside of your apartment. The keys that dangle from your lanyard unlock the door. There are four keys on this lanyard: one for the door, one for your safe, one for the mailbox, and the last... you're not sure. It's always been here, as long as you can remember, but you can't quite recall what the gold key unlocks.

"Come on in," you tell Steve. You kick open the door and the man follows you on soft feet into the living space. He walks behind you to the kitchen where he's been a couple times before: usually to help you unload groceries or lift something heavy.

"Here?" Steve gestures to a rare empty spot on the counter. There are tea cups and coffee mugs everywhere.

"Sure," you reply. You drop your goods onto the floor and wipe off your hands of the little paper particles. "Thanks again for the help."

"No problem at all," Steve replies casually. He stands back, watching you beginning to unload the purchases, with a quiet expression of thoughtfulness on his face. "I'm always just next door if you need me."

You pause, apple sack in your clutch, and smile back at him. What a lucky world this is for you to housed next to the kindest, gentlest human in existence. "Thanks, Steve. Same goes for you. I may not be strong or coordinated, but I'm a pretty decent cook."

Steve chuckles lightly. "Oh I know."

You pause before putting the milk jug into the fridge. "You do?"

Steve blinks. "I just mean—I've smelled it before. Your cooking, I mean. And I've—I've seen the food magazines you get delivered. They accidentally got sent to my address one time, I think."

"Oh, well, next time you smell something good don't hesitate to come over. I'm always alone."

Steve, sensing that he's still welcomed, steps over to help you in putting food away. He continues the conversation by asking, "You don't have any family in the area?" The slight draft from the cracked window has his aftershave fluttering towards your face. He smells crisp and clean.