Chapter 49

~*Lucy's POV*~

I sat there, numb. Unfeeling. This was unreal. It couldn't be happening. I could see the doctor's lips moving. He was still talking. But I was beyond listening. Dead. Dead dead dead. Gone. No pulse. Not breathing. No more laughs. No more smiles. No more sparkling blue eyes. Gone forever.

I felt Louis' hand on my arm. His lips were moving too. But his words weren't registering. Nolan. Baby Nolan. He..he was gone. A car hit ours, and my baby boy was dead. I had four cracked ribs, a fractured wrist, and a slight head injury. Louis managed to only have a few scrapes. It was Nolan who got the worst. This was so unfair. It should be me instead of him that the doctor was telling Louis about. I didnt deserve another chance. But Nolan didnt even get ONE chance. I got another chance at life, to try to continue on with things. But Nolan wouldn't get to experience any of that.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt Louis' hands on my face, wiping tears away.

"I'm gonna take her home." I heard him say quietly, before lifting me up, and leading me out of the hospital.

The paparazzi outside immediately bombarded us with questions, but I ignored them, pushing past them. Louis stopped in front of a car, holding the door open.

"I'm not getting in that." I said angrily, stepping back away from him.

He looked at me, somewhat surprised.

"You have to. There's no other way to get home. Come on don't be stubborn." He said, sounding somewhat annoyed.

I gaped at him.

"HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO GET IN A CAR AFTER WHAT HAPPENED?! ARE YOU THAT INCONSIDERATE?!" I yelled.

He sighed.

"We're over 100 blocks from the hotel. YOU'RE being inconsiderate not even considering getting into the damn car."

I felt tears pricking my eyes. How could he be like this?!

"Harry wouldn't make me get in the car." I growled, knowing I'd hit a nerve with that one.

Louis winced.

"Well, then why dont you go BACK to Harry if he's so damn perfect?! Oh WAIT! He doesnt WANT you anymore!"

I knew I shouldn't take this personally. When Louis was upset, or hurt, he tried not to show the hurt, he would be cruel, and totally heartless, and hurt you however he could, just to hide his pain. But saying that about Harry took things too far.

I let out a little whimper and turned the other way, and bolted downt the street as fast as I could with my injuries.

~*Harrys POV*~

I was laying in bed, just watching the television. The boys were out sitting in the living room, but I wasn't in the mood to see them. Caroline was out with her friends, as usual. But I was glad. I couldnt put up with her shit tonight. My phone started buzzing next to me on the bed, but I didn't recognize the number on the caller ID.

"Hello..?" I asked, kind of confused, and slightly worried it may be a fan.

"Harry..."

That voice. That I used to be able to hear every day whenever I wanted to. That I only was able to hear on the radio or on tv interviews anymore.

"L..Lucy..?" I said, feeling like this was some kind of joke.

This couldn't be real. There was no way...

"He's...he's dead and Louis gone and Harry I don't know what to do." she sobbed, and I honestly had no idea what she was getting on about.

"Wait...who died?"

"Nolan!" she wailed, and began crying more.

Oh. Her son. Shit. Shitshitshitshitshit. I know it sholdnt be any concern to me, but I knew she loved him, the same way she used to love Bella, and I can't imagine how badly she must be hurting right now.

"Can I please come stay with you? I...I can pay rent..."

I was silent.

Why.

Why was she doing this now?

She..she knew.

she knew I was still in love with her.

That wouldn't just go away.

But I couldn't say no...

"When are you coming?" I asked after a moment.

"Friday?" she said.

That was three days away.

"I'll meet you at the airport then." I said.

This was going to be interesting.

Now..I had to tell the boys...and break the news to Bella...

(A/N) I apologize for the suckiness of this chapter. You guys deserve better >.