Chapter 117: Break the Spell With the Angel

What is this fluffy, nauseous feeling? This feeling that makes me feel so sweet inside that I just want to hug and kiss the current warmth on my back so badly?

     "Ugh..." I groaned, face scrunching painfully. My head was so full of helium, it seemed, that my voice changed pitch. "Damn Keir..."

     "It seems I didn't put enough," Keir's voice sounded behind me, and it sounded kind of...disappointed. "Drink this for me, will you?"

     "I'm parched," I complained, rolling over and accepting the drink that was put to my lips. I gulped down a lot of it, thinking it was sweet and delicious as the drink Kitri gave me the first time I went to the winter solstice. "Kitri..."

      The drink suddenly tipped over even more, and by the time I knew it the cup was finished.

     "The recommended dose is half a cup...you know what, I don't think a second cup might hurt, knowing you. Well, taking into account your resilience, since I don't really know you. There's plenty of time for that in the future."

     The drink was brought to my lips again, and it was accepted because for some reason I didn't feel full after taking in the first one. It was so good, I kept on drinking until even that one was empty.

     "More..." I complained, rolling over. A hand on my arm rubbed up and down, sighing contentedly.

     "Sorry, anymore and you'll be head-over-heels for me, hopelessly in love. I don't think either of us want too much dedication. Just the right amount...enough for you to forget about that other guy. It's amazing to see that he's still so weak after all this time...it's been like, two thousand years. Or three? No, I think two...You'd think he would train a little to get rid of all that free time, but I guess not."

     "Kitri?" I questioned, vision fading in and out as I looked at the ceiling, which was gray. For some reason, I felt really worried when I thought about him...also, sad. "Traitor," escaped my lips as my brow scrunched, thinking of the winter solstice. It was already so long ago, but I never let grudges go...

     "That's it," the voice sounded happier, but tired. "Taking care of children is too much work...but for you, always worth it. I don't know what Kitriux did to make you hate him as much as you hated me, but I pray to myself that it stays that way."

     "Keir?" I finally recognized that voice. My eyes fading in and out until I rolled over to see his face. I flinched just before I could see it, feeling a sugar crash. "Ugh..." I should not have drank that weird thing, even though it was so good it couldn't have been healthy.

     "Open your eyes," I was told. My face was held to the side, "Open your eyes already, damn it. See my face. The potion can't take effect if you don't...I need to be the first thing you see..."

     Too tired...this reminds me of Mother, before I ran away from Larjulias. I made her carry me after I left the king, and Andrew followed me through the portal. Mother was so warm...I want to see Mother now.

     I teleported.

     "No! Fir-"

     The voice cut off as I landed in the middle of the field in front of my house, feeling the grass brush my face in the wind. It was so nice, feeling the breeze on me and the sun shining down. It didn't snow much this year, at least in Koraco. The capital Leonera, which was close to the equator but somehow not a tropical place, got way more than us. It was funny, really.

     I wonder what the twins and Chord are doing right now? I wonder if I should start calling them the triplets because they almost all look the same? What about Sarena and Courtney, what were they doing right now? Lars, Välene, Andrew, the king? Where's Mother and Father? Thérèse and Magaris should be roaming around the mansion right now, along with Brownie and Blondie and all the others. David and the soldiers should be training with Anthem and the rest, not slacking if the war suddenly started up again.