Chapter 9

**Taehyung's POV**

I was debating with myself if it was a good idea to go and check out the door. The absense of the usual 'click', signaling that I had been locked in, caused me to believe that Jungkook had left it unlocked. I decided that it wouldn't hurt to check. I stood up, allowing my blanket to fall to the ground as I shivered from the bitter cold that filled the room. Arriving at the cell door, I shakily lifted my hand, reaching through the bar to the handle. There wasn't a handle on the inside, but the space in between the bars was easily large enough for my arm to fit. I pushed down on the handle, a loud squeak erupting through the area. I waited a few minutes after pushing the handle down because if Jungkook hears this, he may very well kill me. I pushed softly on the door, my prediction being correct as it opened. The was another loud squeak, my heart racing from fear of the outcome of Jungkook hearing this and coming down. A realization suddenly fell upon me. 

" The door is open. This is my chance to try and run. " I spoke softly to myself. I stood at the space in between the cell and whatever was outside of it. I should try and leave right? Any person in their right mind would take this opportunity. What's holding me back from making a run for it? Why do I have this feeling that this is the wrong decision? With a shakey breath, I took a few small steps out of the cell. However, something inside of me stopped me once again. 

" I can't do this. " I said to myself. Goosebumps has appeared on my skin. Nothing around me was clearly visable due to the dark. I tried to move further, my body disobeying me as my feet stayed planted where they were. 

" I promised him I wouldn't run. " I said to nobody, remembering the recent events. I was having a battle within myself. Do I stay here and let myself be food to a scary vampire? Do I try and run and go back to my parents? Would running even work? It wasn't very effective in the alley, or when I tried to leave when I first woke up. What has changed for it to work now? Nothing. I held my wrist up close to my face, the bruise from my father being completely gone. If I go back home, it isn't going to stay gone. If I leave and live on the streets, who's to say I won't die? I have no money and no idea how to get money. I wouldn't be able to feed myself or support myself in any way. Even if I'm locked in a cold, dark cell, at least I'm being fed and cared for more than my parents did. 

" God, I'm insane, aren't I? " I spoke, not realizing the warm liquid that was slowly leaking from my eyes. I took a few steps backward, standing back in my orignal position. 

" No one in their right mind would choose to stay here instead of taking the chance to leave. " I said to no one. I'm speaking my thoughts to the darkness because the darkness will listen to me. 

" Guess I'm not in my right mind then. " I said, closing the door, the loud screech coming with. I pulled the handle back up so it would stay closed, with me inside. 

" He probably left it unlocked accidentally anyways. It would be pretty low to try and run after saying I wouldn't, right? " I said, trying to justify my decision. I wiped my eyes, walking back to my corner I always stayed in. I wrapped the blanket around my shivering self, making myself comfortable in the warmth. I took a large gulp from the water I always had with me, the cool liquid causing my throat to hurt slightly. Jungkook probably doesn't even know he left it unlocked. That means I'm not meant to leave. In the slight chance I do escape, where do I even go? In the more likely chance that Jungkook catches me, he's gonna be really mad. Staying here seemed like a better option in my mind, even if it's the insane option. 

**Jungkook's POV** (I know shocking right! Don't get used to it. ) 

I left the door unlocked intentionally. I sat in the back corner of the space underneath my house, near the stairway that lead to my library, watching the unlocked door. I don't believe for one second that he's not going to run if given the chance. I'm going to shove it in Jimin's face when he does try and escape. Knowing humans and their unobservative nature, he may not of even noticed it was unlocked. I don't really pay attention to if he has ever tried to open the door before. Humans also don't see very well in the dark, so he won't notice I'm here. I can see perfectly fine. I became more alert when I saw an arm pushing the handle of the door down. I rolled my eyes. See, he is leaving right now. I decided to wait and see what would happen. I'm right next to the only possible exit from down here anyways. I watched as he stood still, not fully out of the door, but not fully in it either. 

" The door is open. This is my chance to try and run. " So he talks to himself now. This is just proving that I was right. I kidnapped him, obviously he is going to try and leave. Jimin is delusional. I raised an eyebrow at his hesitence. He didn't immediately run out like I expected, but he's for sure going to run. I tapped my foot quietly, yet impatiently, wanting him to attempt to leave so I can confirm I cant trust him and get this over with. He continued to stay still, my patience slowly running out. He walked forward slightly as I smirked to myself. I knew I was right, next thing he's gonna do is try and find the exit. However, I widened my eyes in suprise at his next words. 

" I can't do this. " There is no way he's actually contemplating staying. He turned his head, looking around the area, staring right in my direction for a second. I assume he didn't see me because he didn't react at all. 

" I promised him I wouldn't run. " That's what's stopping him? I honestly thought that was complete bullshit. He can't actually care about promises made to me. I probably made his life ten times worse, not that I actually care. I watched as he clenched his fists tightly, lowering his head. He's not actually considering staying. He's probably just scared of what I'll do, that's why he's hesitating. He's going to run any second now. I'm completely sure of it. 

" God, I'm insane, aren't I? " Yeah, you're talking to yourself and caring about a promise to someone who doesn't care about you. This is where he will try and escape. Then, I can call Jimin and tell him 'I told you so.' We had a huge argument over it and I don't plan on losing. I soon noticed that he was crying. I don't understand why, I mean this shouldn't be a hard decision. Run and get back to the life you had. Well, try. 

" No one in their right mind would choose to stay here instead of taking the chance to leave. " At least you know that. Now support your words and run so I can leave. Not that he can actually hear me because I'm talking in my mind. This hesitation is frustrating me. I was about to intervene, but was met with my jaw dropping out of shock at his next actions. 

" Guess I'm not in my right mind then. " He said, walking back into the cell and closing the door. There is no way he just chose to stay there instead of attempting an escape. I stared at the closed door, waiting to see if he would come back out and run. I waited for a half and hour and saw no other sights of him. Was that promise enough for him to convince himself to stay? Still in shock, I returned back up the stairs to my library. I pushed the bookcase back in front of the door leading down there with ease. Fuck, now I need to call Jimin and listen to him boasting about how he was right. I can't believe he actually didn't try and run. I picked up my phone, tapping Jimin's contact. 

" Hello angsty teen. " I heard Jimin's voice say through the speaker. 

" Shut up. " 

" Supporting my words~ " I ignored him, sighing to myself. 

" I admit my defeat. " I grumbled into the phone. 

" What defeat? " He asked, pretending to not understand. 

" You we're right, okay? " I said. 

" What was the great Jimin right about, hmm? " He's trying to annoy me on purpose. 

" I left the door unlocked and he didn't try and leave. " 

" Was he aware it was unlocked? " Jimin asked.  

" He opened it, so I'd hope so. " Jimin hummed in response. 

" So are you gonna let him out of that dark and depressing cell? " 

" I don't know. " I responded. 

" He's a nice kid. Treat him well and he won't leave. " Jimin pressed. I rolled my eyes, not that he could see. 

" How can you be so sure? " I asked, still worried. 

" I told you before. I don't think his family treated him very well. That's just a prediction because I obviously don't know his life story. " Is that why he didn't try and leave? 

" How did you even predict this? " 

" The way he acts. If you get him to trust you, he might tell you.~ " Jimin is seriously annoying me. 

" Like he would ever trust me. " I said bitterly. 

" You never know. " I sighed as I hung up. Why did I even take him again? He's a pain in the ass, causing fights between Jimin and I. Then it comes back to how he tastes so damn good for reasons I don't even know.