Final Night.

People flooded into the Expo in flocking masses, this being the highly anticipated, most illustrious exposition in a long time

People flooded into the Expo in flocking masses, this being the highly anticipated, most illustrious exposition in a long time. The famed event that withheld a sense of shelter away from the ceaseless torment of war. Hundreds upon hundreds of people banded together to see the events that would take place tonight, and everyone was in a frenzy. 

Festive band music was playing throughout the speakers, engulfing the arena in a merry melody that made you want to dust off your worries, and dance. Lights from all angles twinkled around like stars, and each exhibit was illuminated up brightly. The whole place was the perfect mixed cocktail of carnival fun, and brilliant scientific inventions that would accumulate into the future of our world. 

In a glass case was Dr. Phineas Horton's, The Synthetic Man, then The Engine of the Future, The Earth's Treasures, and Smell-O-Vision. All ingenious creations on display for everyone to bask in awe of. 

Colorful fireworks danced across the night sky, doing a kaleidoscopic waltz above the attendees, and we walked around the signature gigantic metal world globe on our way to the center stage. 

"Welcome to the Modern Marvel's Pavilion, and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world." A booming voice introduced merrily before the swinging jazz commenced. 

Bucky led Steve, and me towards the stage to as close as we could get. Us nudging between, and around many in order to squirm closer. Bucky's hand securely holding mine so that I didn't disappear, and wash away within the sea of crowds. 

The man of the hour, Howard Stark himself came sauntering out behind the red velvet curtain, his confidence gleaming within his hazel eyes. He fixed his black bowtie, and the red rose dangling from his lapel, looking dashing in his tux. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all?" He proclaimed proudly, his voice loud through the silver microphone in his hands. 

Everyone's attention was drawn to the vivid red vehicle behind him, Howard's assistants clad in burlesque like outfits, taking the four wheels off from the car. 

"With Stark Gravitic Reversion Technology you'll be able to do just that." He boasted, pressing a button, and within but a moment the red vehicle was levitating on it's own, the rocket engines turning on where the wheels used to be, allowing it to soar. 

The audiences breath caught in their throats, and they oohed and awed in fascination. Though the allure was short-lived for seconds later the car crashed back down onto the stages floor, nearly combusting. The rockets flickering, and flaring up, Howard's assistants scurrying away quickly. 

Howard coughed into the mic. "I did say a few years, didn't I?" 

The spectators bellied over in laughter, and applauded him with enthusiasm anyway, thoroughly enjoying the entertaining show, and everyone knew that every failed invention of Howard's would eventually become a roaring success anyway. 

I turned around to talk to Steve, and Bucky, but was instead met with only strangers eyes. The crowds decreased away from the center stage, all of them off to the races to gape at all of the other spectacular innovations, and I was apparently left to my own devices. 

Entertainers wearing stilts dressed as Uncle Sam meandered around in a wobbly fashion, and I darted my gaze all around in search for them, but the charismatic inventor in his tux was about to steal away my attention. 

Howard hopped off the stage, his black top hat cradled in the crook of his arm. 

"Well, what is such a charming lady doing all alone?" 

"I don't know. It seems like my companions have gone missing." I said, the navy beret I was wearing allowing for my curls to frame my face nicely. 

"Well, how fortunate," Howard smirked, his brown mustache stretching the slightest bit. "How would you like it if I became your companion instead, would you mind?" 

"I would." I heard Bucky reply, wrapping his arm protectively around my waist, pulling me close. 

"Ah, are you the missing companion?" Howard inquired, still not going down without a fair fight. 

"No, I'm the husband." Bucky answered, his voice mischievous, and full of pride. Making Howard defenseless without a leg to stand on. 

The inventor left in a great haste then, and Bucky huffed. 

"I can't leave you alone for two seconds." 

"Well then, why did you leave?" I asked. 

"Steve. He's trying to join again." 

"Again?" I said. "He's going to get caught if he keeps on using fake information." 

"I know, that's what I told him," He said, the boisterous fireworks still crackling, and bursting into the sky. Fading into shimmering specks of color. "But, he knows the risks. I really think he'll keep on trying until he gets in." 

"Which sadly might be never." I added. 

"Well, I already said goodbye to him. He said not to win the war until he gets there. But, the rest of the night is ours. Let's go dancing, shall we?" Bucky said, extending his hand out to me which I gladly accepted, our golden wedding bands touching.