She Loves Him

(Steve's P.O.V.)

We eat, learn how to say a few different phrases Russian. I ask to be taught to say 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry' Buck smiles and starts to help me. Nat glances at him before saying "Я люблю вас."
Buck looks at her with sad eyes before talking to me "she just said I love you.  And you say I'm sorry like this прости." I barely pay attention to the lesson, instead watch the Russian speakers, trying to decide what's happening between them.

She loves him, he might love her but he has Aly to take care of first. Plus the worry of what Jess would say, her best friend and her mentor? She will either say 'that's wrong' or 'about time' only time will tell. "How do you say only time will tell?"

Buck looks at me "время покажет. Why?"
"I'm not sure why but I wanted to know." Most of the others had already left by the time I had stopped watching the two.

Leaving Bruce, Tony, Buck and Nat at the table I set my dish in the sink and leave the house. I'm not sure where I'm going but my feet take me to the far shed.

Down the ladder and into the room after typing in the password; killer. The sharpening brick and bucket of water are still down here since Buck discovered this room. Why did she think harming herself was the best way to deal with emotions, why did she not just find someone who would listen? I know she couldn't have talked to anyone, no one would believe her and would just put her in a mental institution.

My when we find her she will remember me. Us. If she doesn't I'm just going to try and jog her memory. Mutter words from the song she was singing the one day while in ear shot, lifting her like how we did during the dance practices, maybe calm her down after a nightmare, leave one of my sweaters in her room, hell I'll even bring her back here if that will help.

After flipping through more papers I've read about her time in Red Room. She excelled in her class and other than Nat she was the best. The only times she fought with the officials there was when Buck was leaving after training days there, she killed a guard once and then she was sent back to HYDRA because of it. There were a few pictures of her, and a few with Nat in the background or fighting her. They could have been best friends if they met somewhere else and with a different reason of meeting.

Bruce comes down and starts shooing anyone who is in the shed back to their sleeping accommodations a few minutes before midnight, making sure to go up last and turning off the lights. There's a faint light shinning across the floor,he goes to check what it is and I follow.

The computer was left on, a message was being sent to Silver_Killer@hotmail.com

'Jess, if you ever do read these I hope they help. I'm not sure if you're going to be coming back to us easily or with a fight that I'm sure you would win, but if you do find us and read anything I've written to you I hope you would forgive me for pushing at you. You were my best friend in Red Room even if you were called Hannah, Steve showed me a picture of us killing someone. It was weird to see a picture of it. No one ever took pictures there, not unless you were in them. HYDRA must have wanted to keep tabs on you during your time with me chained in the cot beside mine. We stayed up late one night and whispered to each other guessing who would be the next recruit to 'leave'. We were separated the next night.
If you do open the rest of these, they are mostly the same. But here's a question that I need to ask. Is there anything between you and Buck?'

"Well, that proves it. She loves him."
I stare at Bruce. "How long have you known?"
"Since we got stuck dancing. They were funny to watch, always making fun of each other. They flirt like two three year olds, horrible."