0.02

"St-Stiles..." Argent let out with hesitation due to the knife firmly placed in front of his throat. One wrong move and he would be no more, with little mess, and hardly no sound.

"I'm Mitch Rapp. I suggest you call me that."

Chris Argent had never imagined Stiles Stilinski having such an intense and commanding stare. Hell, he had never imagined Stiles Stilinski being alive. Everyone knew of the tragic death of the two remaining Stilinskis, and Stiles' girlfriend, Mary. Thus, Argent could not comprehend his existence, after he watched Scott and many others weep over their best friend, he never deemed the possibility that he could be alive.

But, there he stood over him. As Rapp released his hold on Chris, and pulled him up, everything seemed to come into view, literally.

Chris could see the man's muscles that most likely were not only toned on his arms. His eyes were like cold whisky, and his hair was longer than he used to wear it. His features also were sharper than ever, and his typical smile was merely a grimace.

Argent was and always will be a smart man, so in that moment he knew that Stiles Stilinski had died, and Mitch Rapp had metaphorically taken over. In this mans' eyes he could not see any sarcasm, happiness, or compassion. He knew the look, after all, his father, Gerard, was a killer, too.

"Stil-Mitch, what happened?"

The question was responded by a eerie chuckled from Mitch. The assassin stashed away his gun, and started carelessly throwing his knife in the air. He let it spin, and then he would catch it.

Suddenly, his gaze shifted from the knife to Chris, he still caught the weapon nevertheless.

"What happened? God Chris, I don't know, how about my parents are both gone along with Mary! I think you know exactly what happened. And I do not want to hear any of your shit okay?! I ain't going back there, as far as you know I am dead."

The outburst was unexpected, and Mitch was so close to Chris at the end of his small speech, that spit fell on the hunter's face. Chris realized it was a dumb question to ask Mitch, and sympathy washed over his features. Mitch only became more infuriated by the hunters pity.

" Mitch...I have to tell them. You don't understand, Scott has become-"

Before the information could make Mitch feel anything, he decided to butt in.

"You are going to Charlottesville to deliver guns correct? That is what you meant by making a deal when you were talking to the cashier."

Chris nodded and begun where he left off.

"Stiles, Scott...he-"

"Jesus, Chris! Stop, I do not want to hear it! If you go back to Beacon County and even so much as mutter that I am alive, your going to regret it Argent. I will make sure not only your deal in Charlottesville goes haywire, I will make sure your business is ruined. The Argent name will disintegrate if you tell anyone I am alive. Do we understand each other?"

Rapp's dark eyes meet Chris' light blue, aging eyes. The question seemed to be a command, and if anyone would have told Chris he would have fear knocked into by Stiles Stilisnki, he would have fell down from laughter.

"Chris,"Rapp started with more of a calm tone. "I am not saying this to you as your friend right now. You cannot under any circumstance let them know I am alive. It is my choice if I tell them that..."

Rapp faded out because saying he was alive felt so wrong because in the world of the living, he knew death too well.

Silence started to wash over the two, a few feet separating them. Chris leaned on his vehicle, and thoughts of the pack rushed through his mind.

He knew Stiles dying had taken its toll on everyone. When he first found out he was sitting in his apartment with a random episode of "Cops" on in the background. He had let Isaac move in with him and Allsion before the plane crash. Chris could remember that he was sitting on the end of the sofa, while Isaac was on the lounge chair. He could even remember what they were talking about how neither of them see Allison very much because she is always with Scott. And then a news reporter interrupted the show that had been on. She was frantically saying how a terrorist attack had caused a plane to go down while it was stopping in New York.

Chris knew that he should have been zoned into the TV as soon as the words "terrorist attack" left the reporters mouth. However, it was not until the flight number was stated that both men on the "L" shaped sofa froze in shock. Isaac's look of pure terror would never leave his mind, how his eyes welled up with tears.

Isaac took the news almost as bad as Scott. He cried and screamed at Chris.

"Why Chris? Why does everyone good have to die?"

Argent knew what Isaac had been talking about, but all he could do was sit and be in shock. Comfort was never his strong suit, so from the days on all he could do was hug the boy he thought of as a son.

"Argent! If you can't do this for me as Mitch Rapp, do this for me as Stiles Stilinski." Mitch was pleading with him now, and he had not done such a thing for a few years.

"Just hear me out. I just want you to make me a promise because you know how I think of Isaac as my own kid. Have some mercy and think about him crying because his closest friend, and the sheriff who saved him are gone, similarly like how his parents are no more. Mitch or Stiles, whoever you are, promise me that one day you will tell him."

Now it was Mitch's turn to be surprised. The hunter in front of him was desperate, a feature that did not look good on Argent.

"You won't tell anyone if so?" Mitch said after he thought for a few minutes. Leaving the other man on edge. Chris eagerly nodded at what he said, wanting nothing more than everyone to have the hole in their heart to be filled. Even if it was by a seemingly unfamiliar version of their supposedly deceased pack mate.

Mitch extended his hand, and Chris shook his hand.

The deal was made between the two, and before the hunter could react Rapp was walking toward his truck.

"Stiles!"

The name left Chris' mouth before he could think, and the assassin rolled his shoulders, discomfort rolling through his body. He kept walking though.

"Mitch," Chris said as he cupped his hands around his mouth. The man in question then in a cocky manner turned his head to Chris. A smirk was on his face, giving the other man a glimpse of who he used to be.

"Nice seeing you again, but can you tell me um...what do you do? Or why  won't you tell anyone you're alive?"

The answer was a shit eating grin as the man got in his jeep truck. Chris kind of seen the answer being neglected before all of the words left his mouth. He wanted to be mad at Mitch for not letting him know, because he very much felt like it was his business. He did not want a repeat of what had happened earlier that evening though .

"I have got business I need to attend to, and so do you. Goodbye, Argent."

With that both men got in their vehicles and left the gas station, the events that took place their still circling through their thoughts. Chris thought for sure this would be the last time he would ever see Mitch or Stiles. Mitch also thought that Chris would not appear in his life until the hunter started searching for him, because he would most likely never go back to his cursed home town.

Turns out both men were wrong. The hunter and assassin would be seeing each other sooner than either could imagine.

Sooner than Mitch Rapp ever wanted.