11• The Damned

🦋•A•Third Person

🦋
•A•
Third Person

Lullaby collapses entirely into Silas' arms, her head lolling back, eyes a starless void staring into an abyss none of them could see. Panic crossed every last one of them when they saw her eyes. The once churning colors and twinkling stars within her glorious orbs, vanished, leaving only darkness.

Owen drops his phone, eyes showing the rare emotion - horror. Sean rushes over to her and starts checking her vitals. He looks at Owen in a panic," Her heart's slowing down way too much Owen! She's cold to the touch!"

Owen's face twists into a scowl," Get her ready for travel. We've been instructed to take her to the Sky Palace. All affected Souls are being taken there."
Sean nods while Gabriel and Luke shoot off to her room to pack her a bag," The Elders are going to look at them?"

Owen nods at him," Yes. They believe they can hold off the infestation until we can stop it."
Sean stands with his fist clenched at his sides, looking at Owen angrily," What do you mean by infestation? What the hell is going on Owen?!"

Owen looks down in an almost dejected way," That witch has somehow weaved her way into their inner souls through their dreams and instigated soul neglect in any that have rested in the past half day. One Soul is already so bad off her skin is cracking from the intensity of the flames within her."

Sean steps forward a choked noise of panic leaving his throat," Which one?"
He's tended to nearly every Soul in The Academy. All were precious darlings that he wouldn't wish the sniffles on.

Owen looked up into his eyes, the steel grey color icy with anger," Reign."

Sean's hand covered his mouth in a slap as his eyes stared at his brother in unblinking terror. Reign was a sweet docile little thing who didn't have much fight in her. She'd always been frail. Sean had been called to her Guardians' manor numerous times for common illnesses she should've been immune to. It happened, rarely, but it happened.

Sean adored her and her four guardians - Drew, Wyatt, Sol, and Kieran. They were some of the best people he knew.

Little Reign with her long blonde hair and Ruby eyes laying on a stone pedestal in the palace's healing chamber flashed through his mind. The fever would have already set in, covering her body in an uncomfortable sweat. Her skin would be covered in cracks that were lit with internal fire and her pale snowy skin would be slowly turning into ash, if she was at the point Owen said she was.

Immediately Sean dashed over to Lullaby. He took her from Silas, holding her as he glared seriously down at Silas," Go eat. We're going to need both of you as fueled as possible for what's to come."
Silas nodded, taking his words seriously. North followed him into the kitchen where they both gorged themselves on food.