¤30¤

Kyle

I should've trusted Danielle.

I checked all through her phone and I've only found a few hearts sent to D'Angelo from Danielle.

Danielle always sends people.

She sends them to everyone.

She didn't flirt.

She didn't send him any pictures.

They just had normal conversations.

Danielle

I sit down on a bench that's near this park.

There is the sound of some teens playing on a swing.

They shouldn't be out because it's like eleven o'clock at night.

I get off the bench and I start to walk back to Kyle's house.

I walk into a neighborhood that I don't remeber seeing while I was walking.

I turn around and I walk the opposite way, only to find myself in another unfamiliar neighborhood.

Okay, I'm lost.

I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around.

A guy with a hood on walks towards me.

I start to walk faster.

"Hey, little lady!" His pace increases.

I try not to panic as I continue to walk ignoring the guy.

I feel arms around my waist and the guy turns me around.

He is a man in his late thirties.

"Can you please let me go sir?" I asked trying to keep calm.

"No," He says grabbing me tighter. "Your coming with me! We're gonna have a great time together."

He starts to walk and I try to get away from him.

I try to break free from his hold, failing.

His strength is too much for me and I can't break away from him no matter how hard I try.

As I struggle to get away from the creepy man, he groans unexpectedly.

His grip on me loosens and I take this as a chance to run away from him.

I keep running and I don't look back.

I hear footsteps behind me and I try to run faster.

A few tears escape my eyes.

The footsteps get louder signalling that the person running after me is getting closer.

My throat starts to feel like it's closing up and it's getting hard to breathe.

My breathing starts to increases but I keep on running.

"Danielle!" The person says.

I know that voice! I think to myself. Kyle!

I stop running and I put my hands above my head trying to bring my breathing back to normal.

Kyle catches up to me and I start to panic.

I can't breathe.

I start to gasp for air.

I just got finished running for my life and this cold air isn't making things any better.

Kyle reaches into my pocket and he takes out my inhaler.

He sticks it inside my mouth and he presses the trigger twice.

"It's alright, calm down. Just breathe in and out! Like this." Kyle begins to slowly breathe in and out and I do the same.

A few minutes later my breathing it back to normal.

"Why-how did you- how did you know where I was?" I asked Kyle.

"I followed you. You don't know this area at all and I wanted to make sure you were okay." Kyle replies.

I look at Kyle and he pulls me into a hug. "I was so scared!" I sob. "Who knows what that man was gonna do to me. I could've been raped and-and killed-"

Kyle pets my head. "-Don't worry about what could've happened, worry about what did happen. Your safe with me. No one's going to hurt you!" Kyle keeps an arm firmly around my waist.

He doesn't let me go until we are in the front of his house and up the driveway.

He was going to open his front door, but I stop him.

"I'm sorry." I say looking him in the eyes.

He looks away from me. "Your fine."

"It was wrong of me not to tell you about D'Angelo and I texting. I should've told you."

"I accept your apology, but I was wrong too. I should have trusted you when you said you weren't hiding anything."

"I understand where you were coming from, I probably would've acted the same way." I look at Kyle and he looks at me.

We continue to look at each other not saying a word.

"We should probably get inside, my moms gonna start worrying about us soon."

I just nod my head.

We both walk inside of the house and Kyle goes into the kichen.

I walk to his room falling asleep.