Chapter seventeen

All the memories came flooding back to me.

That face, meant so much to me but yet now it's just a faded memory.

My mother, had the same grey eyes as me, my hair and the same features as me, it was like I was staring into a mirror of an older version of myself.

As I appeared closer to my phone, I saw her with my father smiling and my father looked happy too.

What went wrong?

I thought, it seems like once we were the perfect family and then in the blink of an eye one of them is dead and the other abuses their children.

There is definitely more to the story than Jacob and I know.

But what?

Rubbing my forehead I wanted something to take my mind of everything so I decided to head the office to work on what I missed.

Leaving to the office I wore the dress that Ryder had bought me before putting on my trench coat on and heels on before tying my thick hair up in a medium ponytail and then reapplying my makeup before steeping out of the room.

Sighing a breath of relief when Ryder was nowhere, I pressed my hand on the door knob and was about to open it when I heard his voice.

"Where are you going?" he asks me before pinning me to the door.

"Just to the office, I will be back" I say before placing my phone in my bag and then loosening his grip on me and then slowly steeping out.

"Be careful" he says before letting go of my hand.

"I will, stop worrying about me I'm fine" I say before shutting the door behind me and walking out.

Once I am finally out I let out a breath before hailing a taxi to get to work.

As I step into the building, I remove my coat before waving at Cindy before walking into the elevator and pressing the top floor.

As I get to the office, I open it while wondering it was unlocked.

Flicking the lights on, I shut the door behind me before freezing as I see Tessa in the office.

She was literally in very revealing clothes while destroying Ryder's office.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask while clenching my jaw, she looks at me surprisingly before quickly straightening up herself and coming up to me.

Since I was taller than her because she wasn't wearing heals, I towered over her giving me slight satisfaction.

"What does it look like I am doing? You're nothing but a slut so if you think you are ever going to replace me than you are wrong" she says before I try my hardest not to slap her ugly face.

"You're right I am never going to replace you because no one can be a bigger bitch than you" I say before death staring her.

Tessa steps on my foot before walking back over to Ryder's desk.

Rolling my eyes I didn't care, the pain was nothing.

"You think that hurt? Wait until Ryder finds out about this?" I ask while holding up my phone before trying to ring him.

She death stares me before grabbing my arm to get the phone.

"Um no, go now otherwise I will blackmail you" I say making her death stare me again before yelling at me.

"I HATE YOU, I WILL GET REVENGE DOES JACK SNOW RING A BELL!" she shouts making my jaw drop as I watch her walk out angrily.

What... the... fuck?