Chapter 16

Rell 

"You know I miss you, good thing it's almost summer" I said to Breah, through the facetime call, as G and I pulled up in front of my P

"You know I miss you, good thing it's almost summer" I said to Breah, through the facetime call, as G and I pulled up in front of my P.O. office. 

"I know, my mom said I could come down for a while as long as her and my dad come for  a few days, to get to know Lani, and G" she said, smiling. 

"They'll be cool with that" i said, laughing cutting my eyes over at G.

"Ain't nobody trynna meet your funky ass parents Breah" G said, laughing, as he turned the car off. G had two different drivers but he insisted on driving himself around the city. "Sike Nah, tellem, set it up" 

"I will.." she said laughing. "Call me when you're done Rell" 

"I gotchu, what you bouta do?" I asked. 

"Call Cee, and you know we talk about nothing" 

"Yeah aight, y'all definitely talk about shit" I said. "And it don't even be funny, but y'all be dying" 

"We really are comedians low-key" 

"Y'all the only ones who laugh at those corny ass jokes" I said, opening my door, getting out as G did the same. 

"You just don't have a sense of humor" 

"I'm the funniest nigga you ever met.. " i said pausing. "I better be" 

She giggled, "Maybe" 

"Whatever, but aight i'm bouta walk in, so imma hit you soon as I leave" 

"Okay" she said smiling, before ending the call. 

I grabbed the handle opening the door to the building, walking in with G behind me. Even though G wasn't really my pop, he always came with me when I had to meet with my P.O. cause he said he remembered what it was like coming to these when he was my age. The system will try to get over on you in the worst way whenever, but especially when you're young and they think you're dumb. 

"Mr. Evans you're early today" my P.O., Mr. Brown said meeting us at the front desk. "How's it going Mr. Jordan" he said shaking G's hand. "Let's go on into my office" he said, walking ahead of us as we followed. We walked into his office, taking the same seats, we'd been taking every month. "Okay so how's it going Jarell, what's been going on?" he asked. 

"Nothing really" I said shrugging my shoulders. "I been chilling" 

"Chilling?" he asked laughing a little. "That's good to hear, I guess.... & school?" 

"School be aight, the year over in a month" 

"Yeah, you're getting so close to the end" he said. "And you know once you graduate, no more of this" 

"Yeah I know, Thank god" I said, sighing. 

"You don't have fun coming to talk to me" he said, laughing. "So being as though we're coming up on your last year of probation, I am allowed to loosen the strings a little as long as I feel comfortable, that you'll do the right thing."