04| M a s o n

I know that I shouldn't touch but you twist my heart
'Cause I can never get enough once the feeling starts
Baby, I'm the gasoline and your kiss is the spark
But then you take the wheel and crash my car

-Hooked, Why Don't We

04| Mason

"Hey, you, you stole my FRIES," a female voice pulled out Mason from his half conscious state to full consciousness.

"And you stole my sanity," Mason whispered, not audible enough for Evelyn to hear who sat down beside him.

"Did you say something?" Evelyn asked.

Mason looked up at her. The same hazel eyes, same heart shaped face, same brunette hair that managed to stole his attention whenever he came across to that girl. Even if he didn't want to, she'd somehow place herself right in front of his vision.

"If I said it, you heard it. If you didn't hear it, I didn't say it," He reasoned.

"You're drunk, aren't you?" She asked examining his state.

"You can breathe now, he is not following you anymore," Mason said slowly, taking a sip from his bottle.

Evelyn's face faltered, "He? Who?"

"Reddie, he's gone. He's not coming back here in this room, if he wanna save his pretty face." Mason said.

It needed only a glare at Reddie, and he knew better. Reputation does come handy sometimes.

Mason had been watching Evelyn right from the second she arrived with Abigail. He didn't take her to be a party loving one and he was right. She was so not loving the party. Mason wasn't loving it either. But Noah insisted.

"You look like trouble," Mason thought glancing at Evelyn. Evelyn had looked like trouble from the moment she stepped her foot in Gateway High. It had only been four days but inside Mason's mind, he couldn't shake the thought that Evelyn was trouble.

Evelyn didn't exactly do anything other than almost crashing into his body in the cafeteria and she was the one who rolled her eyes at him. In return, Mason had helped her finishing her fries when she wasn't around.

"Nobody had ever called me that," Evelyn laughed nervously.

Oops, Mason had said it out aloud, now he couldn't unsay it.

"You also look like you have unhealthy obsession for hiding things," Mason said straight looking at her eyes.

Mason had seen her, nervous, always fidgeting. As if Evelyn was a deer caught in the headlight. She always looked troubled for some reason.

Evelyn now didn't move for a moment. Her eyes stay focused, holding Mason's. And at that moment his head wasn't moving, he couldn't look away. He was stuck.