Chapter Forty Nine

Assalamu Alaikum

A friend met me and dealt with the hell outta me, so for those who are mad at me, let go of the anger 😢😢😢

Na sha fada sosai fa, she said ai laifi na da yawa, That people tell her that "Kalthumm never updates on time and she doesn't reply to comment" 😩😩

Yeah am guilty, and am so sorry y'all.

Am forgiven right?

I know you guys have a good heart so.

Enjoy this chappy 😁😁

Ps: it's not a bribe.

Ahmad had been trying his best to cope without Safaa when her parents took her away from his house, he had been patient thinking his father and Uncle would set things right and tell him to come and take his wife home but when Safaa faced him and told him she needed a divorce, he let go of all his resolves and vowed to bring back his wife, no matter what.

Zarah's constant morning sickness had brought them a bit closer and seeing how it was making Ahmad care about her, Zarah began faking some of her sickness so she could get him to soften towards her.

Ahmad and Zarah had been in the garden since after Subh because she claimed the morning breeze always calmed her but his mind was far away from her blabbers, He did not inform her about what Safaa requested from him a week ago but she already knew through Hajiya Turai and her happiness knew no bounds.

"You know I hate seeing you like this right?" She pouted taking his hands.

" I don't know Zarah, maybe this is all my fault for letting Mama dictate my life and Safaa's..." Zarah was the last person Ahmad would tell his plight but he had no choice, Ma'aruf does not listen to him anymore.

"Mhmm..." She wanted him to continue and he did.

"You know Safaa has a heart of gold right? And Mama has always been at making that heart break, Zarah, I love Safaa, I love her so much, you know how I love right? It's intense and deep, Safaa is engraved in my heart Zarah, I can't live without, the very air I breath suffocates me without her..." He stopped running his fingers on his rough beard.

" I don't know what to do, I need her back, I cannot concentrate at work, my life has no meaning just because she's not with me, then imagine how I'd be if I let her go, I can't let her go, I am not capable of loving anyone but her" He whispered the last part making Zarah cringe internally.

" Baby, I don't know how much you love your wife but I know what it feels like to not be appreciated even for a sec by the one you love, how could you say it to my face that you will never love me? I hate myself for not hating you" Zarah sniffled detaching her hands from his.

" Zarah you don't have to bring this up, not now please" He locked his bloodshot eyes with hers.

" Don't look at me like that, Safaa has a heart of gold huh? And I don't have a heart, why can't you love me? I was once your love " Zarah sobbed burying her face in her palms.

Blame the pregnancy hormones or her yearning for his love, how Ahmad professed his love for Safaa to her broke her heart so much that she felt like ripping his own heart out.

Ahmad sat beside her until her sobs subsided before he continued.

" Zarah listen to me, both of us know that I can never love you again, not after what I saw years ago"

" Don't you dare use my past against me here, I know I broke your heart but what you're doing to me is far worst that what I did to you"

" Do you even know what you're saying? Cheating on me was okay but you went far Zarah" He spat.