Chapter 1

*monologue*

Hello my curious reader! I'm glad you have stumbled on to this story. MY SIDE of the story. The correct side. The side that is the truth and nothing but the truth about what has happened. 

               This story is not just about me. Oh no, it's about Justin Donner. I have always wondered, after reading many books and watching a ton of movies, if good girls and bad boys actually could work? Can bad boys really change their ways for girls they want? In theory, sure! I would like to think so. 

However, this is real life and I feel like I need to have some sort of realistic experiment. Why? Purely for my own curiosity. I need a good girl who will change a bad boy. In this case, Justin. He will be our 'Bad' boy. Who is he really you may ask? Justin is the kind of guy that thinks every girl wants him. 

Also, when I say "bad" in this story's case its more of 'player' bad. A guy who is bad at relationships and being good to a girl. A guy who cannot stick to dating just one girl. I do not mean motorcycles, dark alley, leather jacket bad. Just so you don't get confused. 

Oh, and my names Jessica, but people call me Jessie. I guess that makes me the 'Good' girl in this social experiment. Did I plan on those subjects being Justin and I? No. But it will have to do. Back to me, I am somewhat pretty. I have been told I could be a model. If I get my head out of the books, lose the glasses and wear some makeup. I never know if I should take those as  compliments or an insults when I hear that. I'm okay with being a bookworm-nerdy-kind of girl. Besides, I don't really wear makeup. 

I think some guy invented it for selfish purposes. I don't know, maybe he wasn't happy with his wife and decided to color her face with crayons. Either way, I don't really like the stuff, never have. If I were to wear makeup, it would be nude eye shadow, and mascara. I was told I have golden hair, but to me it's just sun bleached and I have hazel eyes. 

I'm a junior in high school, and I'm seventeen years old. Now that you know a little bit about me let's get back to the experiment.

                                                                                JESSIE'S SIDE

Justin Donner He is lead quarterback for our school football team. Which means he has the typical jock friends. He's the type of guy to think he's God's gift to all girls. Every time any girl sees his ocean blue eyes, they swoon all over him. Makes me sick. I think otherwise of him... He has flowy brown hair, a gorgeous smile, perfect teeth, great body, extraordinary lips, he's extremely charming-- I'm getting off track but you get the picture.

Even for a bad boy, who I would never consider boyfriend material, I'll admit he is handsome, but not handsome enough to make me give him anything. That's all he wants from girls! He'll never get it from this chick. No sir-e! I am not dumb enough to fall under that spell or should I say curse. It's bad enough I have a lot of classes with him. Justin is a senior, but since I'm super smart, I'm in some senior classes. A lot of those are his classes, but I can easily resist his charms. It helps when my friends date him and report back to me what happened.

My friend Hanna, for instance, went out with him for like a week. Things were going pretty well. He was the perfect gentleman to her. He did everything a guy should do while trying to impress a girl, his typical charm. But when you fall under his spell, he rips the rug right under you. He gets you to fall for him, and in typical bad boy fashion, he leaves just like her left her.

Now don't get me wrong, I know all guys aren't that bad. But guys like Justin, make girls think otherwise. It's hard to find a guy who is nice, and cares about what you think. Someone who is genuinely sweet to you and treats you right. Also, a guy that loves you for you, is smart and can make you laugh. It wouldn't hurt if he was pleasing to the eye too.

I've only gone out with a few guys in my life. I personally don't know much about how the dating thing works. But I know enough about guys like that from my friends' failed relationships. When they get heartbroken, they come to me and tell me what happened. We cry and we have a movie night. We enjoy some ice cream and eat our problems away. All while watching Cry Baby with the one and only, true romantic, Johnny Depp. 

Oh, there is this one teensy-tiny thing I forgot to mention. Justin is my next-door neighbor. Yes, that does make things awkward however for the sake of the experiment, it's perfect. Don't hate me... but there's one more thing I feel is crucial information that you must know. He is sort of my best friend. Hey- I said DON'T hate me! I have my reasons.

I know what you're thinking. 'Why is she talking so bad about someone she calls her best friend?' Right? She must be awful. BUT as a story teller-- nay, a scientist, that is my unbiased opinion of him. Think of it as me telling you about what I have heard about him not as his best friend. I'm talking about him as if I were to just casually see him walking around school. Or if I were to hear his name in the halls. 

You, my lovely reader, are getting an all exclusive pass to the inside world of Justin for scientific purposes. I am giving you a prospective from a girl looking at him as potential boyfriend material. Which I do not recommend. However, as a best friend, he is absolutely amazing. He is loyal, he would give you the shirt off of his back. He also has some pretty great advice and he's popular so he can get you into some places. He's also super protective of his friends and he'll go to just about any length to keep his word to you. Now you see if I was being biased, you would like him? You wouldn't know about the other stuff.

Now you're probably wondering, how did we end up best friends? That's an interesting story. When our moms were teenagers they went to the same high school. My mom and his mother quickly became best friends. They would do everything together like typical best friends do. Also, like typical best friends they planned their futures out. They have always wanted their kids to grow up together and fall in love. Which would hopefully lead to their kids getting married so they can be sisters and eventually share grandchildren. Luckily for them they did have kids around the same age who ended up being close friends but that's all well ever be. I hate to crush their lifelong dreams but I have my own dreams and plans and they do not involve falling for and having kids with Justin. Besides my walls are too high for Justin to EVER break them down or even put a crack in them.

Truly I'm more worried about getting into a good college and getting my dream job, which I have no idea what that is yet. I'm not even worried about boys or dating. Like I have said before, he is a great friend to me, but on boyfriend terms I would never ever, ever date him. Ever. Our moms will just have to accept the fact that we chose the same path they chose to take and just be best friends. 

Now we can begin.