Some faith

Chapter

I tried to walk quickly after him, even though I was way too slow for my liking. The hallways were empty now since the bell had rung, but I wasnn't going to get to class. I hoped he hadn't left entirely, making this long walk for me not for nothing. I walked out of the back door that I knew he went, looking around. I started to catch my breath from all that walking and let out a sigh when I saw him sitting near the bleachers. He had his hands on his forehead, leaning against his knees. I slowly walked over to him, holding my breath from the pain that was going on. He didn't move, but he surely would've heard me coming from the sound of the crutches. When I reached him, I sat down next to him, looking ahead. I didn't say anything for a while, neither did he.

"Thank you" I whispered after what felt like hours. That, almost voiceless, thank you sounded like nothing, but it meant everything. I knew I had to do this earlier, even before he stood up for me. I had to thank him for spending time with me, even though it was for school. He hung around me, not because of school, but just because he wanted to. He thought with me, talked with me, was silent with me. Confused along with me, yet knowing an answer to everything. The small thank you wasn't making up for all that he did for me, being the strength by facing the letters that I received all the time. He was there, and that was something I was thankful for.

"No worries" he replied back, his voice hoarse. I looked over at him, seeing some tears that he didn't want me to see. My eyes widened, not expecting it. Here he was, letting tears flow for an unknown reason to me.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him softly, scared that he was going to walk away. He kept silent and the air was trying to suffocate me, us, but I wasn't going to let that happen. He needed to tell me.

"Noah?" I tried again, this time he looked up at me. His eyes were red, showing the desperate honesty that was trying to escape.

"He did the same to her. Over and over again. All I did was watch. All I could do was watch. It ended bad" he said, standing up after he talked. He tried to walk away and I stood up too, ignoring the pain from my leg.

"Noah, wait!" I yelled after him, but he didn't even stop. He started running away and I knew that this time I couldn't stop him. Confusion was entering my mind, not understanding what he was talking about, who he was talking about. I sat down again, this time letting the cold air suffocate me. I probably shouldn't have seated there, all alone, because Black could take his revenge like he always did. See that was a thing. People never liked what you did to them, but they wanted to be even by doing the same to you. Now that Noah stood up for me, Black won't leave me alone. I just hoped he wouldn't want revenge from Noah.

I heard the door behind me open and my heart started racing. When I saw who it was, I calmed down. It was just Seda. She walked over to me, sitting down.

"Does this happen a lot?" she asked me. I shook my head. Black didn't really abuse me anymore, except for his words. His words were like knives through my whole body. I refused to reply, looking over at her.

"Everything will be alright, just have faith" she said, standing up. This time, I wasn't going to let her walk away. I stood up too.

"How can you always have hope? What kind of faith is this? Why do you believe everything is going to be alright when you are damn sure it won't?" I asked her in disbelief. She smiled, not meeting my eyes.

"What the heck is funny about this?" I asked her with wide eyes. She kept on smiling, this time looking me in the eyes.

"You learn through trial and error. If you don't have faith, you don't have trust. If you don't have faith, you don't have a rock to lean on. If you don't have faith, you will never have hope" she said, this time turning around to walk away.

"You're delusional" I screamed behind her, this time getting really angry.

She turned around, still smiling which made me even more angry. "Have some faith" she said before she walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~

Random Interesting Fact: I've never fought with people that weren't family members lol