chapter twenty three

JOHNNY'S POINT OF VIEW
•••

you like her. i kept repeating those words over in my head. that's what lauren had said to me on our way back from school today. yeah, i had to go on tuesday.

how could lauren think i liked mackenzie? i mean, sure we dated, but that was like forever ago. and anyway, i have a girlfriend. avery's amazing. "but she's not kenzie." i heard lauren's voice.

"did i just say that aloud?" i questioned to myself. lauren nodded. "get out," i told her, exasperated.

she smirked from the door, and instead of leaving, entered my room. "admit it. you like kenzie." i sighed and shook my head. her smirk vanished. "i'm not sure," i whispered honestly.

"you might? are you saying you might?" she hopefully asked me.

i placed my head on my hands. how can a teenagers love life be so confusing. "i have no idea.." i groaned. "i like avery as well. and besides, mackenzie's on a whole different continent. so there's no way to see who i even like more."

"actually there is. call avery over," lauren ordered. i was about to protest, but she walked out of the room.

•••
LAUREN'S POINT OF VIEW
•••

"so guys, today we're gonna do the boyfriend and girlfriend tag," i announced to the not so happy couple sitting in front of me.

"that's okay with you, right?" i asked avery, who nodded with a small smile.

"okay. these are the rules. one is that i will be the one to ask the questions. so i might ask john what avery's favourite colour is, and then he will answer, and we'll count your points at the end.

two. y'all can't help each other, because we're trying to see how well the two of you know each other.

three. you can't refuse to take an answer. you can always guess. that's about it. there will be fifteen questioned each. okay?" they both nodded.

"well, let's starts with johnny. i'm gonna ask you fifteen questions about avery," i said. "just get on with it," he seemed frustrated and maybe nervous.

"avery's favourite animal is?" "easy. horse," he shrugged. i looked at the answer sheet avery had given me and nodded.

"her favourite tv show?" i asked john. "riverdale?" johnny seemed unsure. i shook my head. "thirteen reasons why," i corrected.

johnny pouted, causing avery to giggle. i rolled my eyes, but continued the quiz. by the end of it, johnny had nine out of fifteen. that was pretty... terrible.

soon enough avery was fine as well, and she had a total of ten out of fifteen. what a great couple they are. note the sarcasm.

finally avery left, and now it was time for the second part of my quiz. "john, come to my room in five minutes," i ordered. he didn't even bother to argue.

i rushed upstairs, and opened face time on my laptop. i called kenzie, and she picked up instantly. "are you busy?" i asked her, after exchanging the hi's and how are you's.

she shook her head. thank god. "so i'm gonna do a quiz with you," i told her. "about what?" "err..the friendship tag. you versus-" i was cut off my johnny entering my room. "johnny," i finished.

i chocked down my laughter upon the look that had surfaced on kenzie's face. "w-why?" she stuttered. "just," i shrugged, but on the inside , i was smirking.

she eventually gave in, and even i knew it was only because johnny was right there. i explained the rules to kenzie, since johnny already knew them, and finally we began.

i started with kenzie. "who was johnny's first girlfriend?" kenzie shot johnny a nervous look, before answering, sophie. what was that about?

"correct," i announced happily. "next. who was john's first crush?" i asked her. both johnny and kenzie were blushing uncontrollably. "emma," she answered. "yet again, correct."

"what's john's secret talent?" "he can wiggle his ears," mackenzie answers confidently. yet again, she was right.

finally, by the end of the quiz, the score was fourteen out of fifteen.

"john, your turn," i turned to him. kenzie watched intently as i began asking him the questions. i hadn't gotten time to ask for the answers from each of them, but i already knew them, since i'm a great sister and friend.

"who was kenzie'a first best friend?" johnny roller his eyes and answered with my name. he was right! woohoo.

by the end, he had a total of fourteen out of fifteen as well. they are so mean to be.

that's what i said, and what's also when mackenzie slammed her laptop shut, and johnny slammed my room door shut.

see what i mean? meant to be. i really am a great sister and friend.

•••
apparently i changed my pfp when i first wrote this chapter like the first time ever but like it's so iconic now 🤩

[ word count — 827 words ]
( EDITED )