Chapter 7

Putting this up a day early since I was late with the prior chapter :)

Last Update. May 6, 2018

Not Edited.

ALENA

"Kidsss! Dinner!"

A minute later, I hear steps running down the stairs. 

"Mom, let me help." Lucca, my second born, says as he picks up one of the plates with food.

"Thank you dear." I reply as he leaves the kitchen.

"Laila! Lei! Stop playing and clean up, we're having dinner already!" Lucca calls to his siblings. He has always been called responsible or mature for his age.

"Yes yes. Geez no need to get mad ..." answers Leighton, shortened to Lei, the eldest of the bunch, "... we heard Mo— ouch!"

"Sorry Lucca, we'll hurry and clean up." says Lilianna, nicknamed Laila, the youngest and only girl.

"You didn't have to hit me you kno—"

"Now now kids, play nice. We'll have dinner in five minutes." I interrupt before this turns into a full blown argument.

"Yes Mommm." The three answer in unison.

An hour and a half later, we're all seated in the living room. Since it was a school night, I only allowed them to watch two episodes of their favourite anime, Naruto. After one episode, they are required to do school work for an hour. If they have no homework, I have them study their lessons in advance.

While the kids were working on their homework, I was working on the design for one of my projects.

Despite the hardships of being a single parent with triplets, with some hardwork and what I believe to be divine providence I was able to start my own architectural firm. Now, Swara Design Source is slowly growing with the steady stream of projects.

The project I am currently working on is a design for a restaurant. This is a critical project because it is supposed that if the owner is impressed, he will let us design all other branches he opens nationwide.

I work on finishing the proposed design on my laptop when I felt a tap on me leg.

"Mom I'm done, can I draw now?" Laila says as she holds up her sketchpad.

"Are you finished with your homework?"

Laila replies with a nod.

"Did you study ahead?"

"Mhmm. Math, Science and History." She says while nodding vigorously.

"Okay but you've got ..." I pause checking my watch and see that it's already 9PM. The kids already finished one cycle of their Naruto-Study session and are in their second hour of studying after watching their second Naruto episode of the day. " ... 30 minutes. After that it's time to prepare for bed. Did you hear that too boys?"

The boys nodded their confirmation while Laila kisses my cheek. "Thanks Mom."

Thirty minutes later with the kids tucked in bed, I clean the living room and prepare my things for work tomorrow. I massage my shoulders exhausted. However, I could never imagine not having my little angels with me. Though I would have been better if they had a father.

Shara has been pestering me to do so. I didn't entertain such thoughts before with the kids so little. But now with reliable subordinates slightly lightening up my workload and the kids being a little older, I've run out excuses.

Should I start dating again?