7

Jax's P.O.V

I have been sitting on this couch for about 2 hours now. I wonder what is taking her so long. All she did was pass out, nothing technical, right? I cant just sit here and do nothing plus I may or may not be starting to get a little hungry. I got off my lazy ass and made my way to the fridge, the cold air bursting out and skimming across my arms. I sighed when I found nothing and walked upstairs and towards my room.

I listened through the door as my mother worked but couldn't really hear anything happening. I knocked and heard shuffling behind the door before it opened. My mom popped her head out and let out a stressed sigh.

"How's it going?" I asking seeing the worry plastered on her face. 

"It's taking me a little longer than I expected." She said looking at her watch, "If you are hungry there is a twenty in my purse. Just go get some pizzas or something."

I nodded and kissed my moms head. I whispered that I loved her before making my way downstairs. I found her purse and raided through it until I found a twenty and then grabbed my keys.  

I walked out the door and jumped into my car before making my way into town. As I was driving to the store I saw something on the side of the road. I immediately pulled over to check it out which I know, is the main thing that you shouldn't do if you find something on the side of the road but there was something written on it. I'm a very curious person, don't judge me. As I got out of my car I heard whimpering. I quickly made my way to the box and opened it finding the cutest little black lab puppy. It's eyes shined a bright blue as it cried out to me. I slowly began to pet its head letting it get comfortable with me before I picked it up out of the box and held it in my arms. I quickly made my way back to my car and drove to the nearest vet. It was shaking and shivering the whole way there. I mean it is kinda cold out, especially for a little dog this young. 

I made my way into the vet clinic and told the person about what happened. She sent me back to a room and I waited there with the puppy in my arms. After a few minutes a vet came in with some paperwork and had me place the puppy up on the examination table to get everything checked out.

"So, you found this pup on the road?" She asked.

"Yeah. I was driving into town and I saw it in a box." I said.

She nodded and began the check up on the puppy. After a few things she gave the dog a treat. I smiled at the cute little dog and pet its head while the vet was writing a few things down. She looked at me and smiled.

"So he seems to be doing okay. From what I can tell he wasn't out there for to long. He was kept with his mother long enough to be able to eat dry dog food. My guess is that the owners didn't want him anymore or couldn't afford to take care of him. He is in good shape, but he wouldn't have lasted long due to the weather, so this little guy is lucky that you came to his rescue." She said.

I nodded and kept petting him as he nuzzled into my hand.

"Since we don't know it's background history we will have to give it some shots within the next couple weeks just to make sure that he is going to be okay in the future too." She said and pointed at the shots that he may need. 

"Alright, I'll set up an appointment as soon as I can." 

"Well I will see you guys then." The vet said before walking us out. 

I picked up the puppy and made my way back to the car. I placed him on the seat and he looked at me with his adorable blue eyes. I smiled at him and pat his head. His little paw jumped up so he could look out the window as I drove to the pet store. When I got there I took him out of the car and brought him with. I needed to buy him everything a dog would need. 

I grabbed some toys, leashes, collars, treats, food, and a bed for him. Now I just need to name him. As I was checking everything out I stared at the puppy in my cart. Max. No. Roxy. No. Boomer. No. Bear. Yeah! Bear!

I smiled at the puppy. His eyes shined at me.

"Hello little Bear." I said smiling. 

He stood up in the cart and wagged his tail. I smiled and paid for the stuff and then loaded it all in my car and put the collar on Bear and had the leash next to me for when we get out. I pulled up to a pizza place and held him in my arms not ready to let him stay by himself in the car just yet. 

"Hi." The girl behind the register said to me.

"Hi. Can I get 2 pepperoni pizzas please?" I asked.

She was bent over the counter, her elbows on it as she twirled her hair. She stared at me and looked at Bear.

"You have a puppy!" She yelled excited.

"Yeah. Now can you please hurry this up?" I asked.

"Sure thing babe." She said smirking.

She took my order and I gave her the money, which was a taskly effort due to her continuous flirting. I waited for the pizzas to be done in one of the chairs with Bear on my lap. She called my name up and I grabbed them from her. As I walked out to the car I placed the pizzas in the back. I noticed a napkin on the top of the box. I looked closely and noticed it said something.

Hey hottie call me:

(777)777-7777

I crumpled up the napkin and got in the car. Bear was sitting peacefully on the seat looking out the window. I smiled and drove back home. Once I reached home I thought of what my mother would think about Bear as I nervously took him out of the car and walked to the door.

"Mom I'm home!" I yelled.

"I'll be down in a sec hun!" She yelled back.

I looked a Bear but he was already looking at me. I smiled at him and he stood up wagging his tail. I let out a chuckle and waited for my mom.

"Alright, what d-...... What the hell is that?" She yelled.

"Mom let me expl-"

"It's so fucking adorable!" She said and squatted down.

Bear ran to her and she cuddled with him. A smile made its way to my face as he began licking all over her face causing her laughter to fill the room. My mother hasn't laughed like that in a while.

"So can we keep him?" I asked with a nervous tone to my voice. 

"Can we keep him! What kind of a question is that? Of course we can keep him. What kind of a mother would I be if I didn't let you keep this little precious heart with us?" She sarcastically said smiling. 

She looked around the room and then smirked at me, "Did you even get food?"

"Yes in fact I did mother." I grinned showing off my doggo knowledge. 

"Alright. Um, that girl that you brought in is still unconscious. I didn't take off her hood. But, if she ever wants to fully heal, she's going to have to take it off." 

"Thank you so much mom. This means a lot to me."

"It's not a problem kiddo, but what's her name?" 

"Bailey." I grinned like a little boy who had just received a sucker. 

My mom smirked at me before grabbing a pizza and sitting down on the couch and digging in. I walked upstairs and to my room to check on Bailey. She was still laying in my bed just as my mother had said. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. I hope I helped her in some way, I really do. 

I glanced at her one last time before I walked out and took a seat next to my mom and joined her for dinner. 

AN: Puppy at top is Bear (Jax's puppy)

*Edited*