Hostages

Aliana's POV

"So your the one they call The Reaper." A dark figure said from the front of the room.

Fen growled from beside me at the dark figure, He looked to be at least over eight ft. with black hair and the black soulless eyes all Moiri are known for. Darkness radiated from him beating against my skin and I released a small amount of my power as a barrier to protect me and Fen from the evil trying to consume us.

He cocked his head to the side and watched us closely, but instead of his head just titling to the side like a normal persons head would, his long neck stretched until his head was upside down and touched the side of his shoulder.

"I've heard many stories about you and your pet." He said indicating Fen speaking in a low and scratchy voice.

Fen growled at the 'pet' comment but kept his position beside me.

I just looked at him with a blank face and he began laughing his head now whipping from side to side on his neck.

"I heard that your an emotionless killer, that you kill without thought or care." He said chuckiling.

"We're kindred spirits don't you think?" He asked with a demented smile on his face.

"We kill, you kill, you take what you want and so do we." He continued and took a step in our direction.

"What do you say to a partnership little reaper? Join us and I'll make you more powerful than you've ever imagined, anything you could ever want would be yours in an instant." He snapped his fingers and I felt movement in the room.

" Or oppose me and die." He said shrugging his shoulders as if my decision made no difference to him.

I still said nothing, just watched his face and I say his mouth flicker into a frown before he smiled again.

"How about this, join me or I kill everyone in this room." He said spreading his arms wide.

The other Moiri in the room immediately moved closer to their hostages and with the word from their leader they would attack.

Fen growled again, this time much louder and many people in the room flinched.

"So what's your answer?" The Moiri leader asked me ignoring Fen completly.

"Go ahead." I told him. His brows scrunched up in confusion as he looked at me.

"What?" He asked me while moving closer.

"Kill them." I tell him.

"K-kill them?" He asks sounding like a parrot.

"Yes kill them, what gave you the idea that I cared if they lived or died?" I asked him and I could hear the people in the room gasp at my answer and some began to cry at their hopeless situation.

He bent his head down a little to my level, his body stayed completly still and only his neck stretched down and he looked directly in my eyes, but only for a few seconds then he looked away.

"You really don't care if they live or die, it would make no difference to you." He stated, sounding astonished.

"So the rumors were true." He whispered to himself but I still heard it.

He suddenly starts laughing, A loud insane laugh.

"Now you have to join me, with your power and ruthlessness, no one would dare stand up to me." He said, his dark eyes shining.

"Leave." I tell him.

He stops laughing and looks at me again.

"Leave?" He asks sounding like a parrot again. He looks at me and sees exactly how serious I am.

"I'm sorry little reaper we can't do that, even if I wanted to leave, someone damaged my ship, so we're stranded here until my back-up arrives." He said with a smile motioning to me knowing that I was the one who damaged his ship.

"Leave, I wont tell you again." I say and pull one of my twin guns from it's holster and taking off the safety.

One his eyebrows raise and he nods his head to someone behind me. I bring my arm up and spin putting one bullet between the eyes of the Moiri trying to sneak up behind me, he falls to the ground twitching and I turn away from him and start shooting all the Moiri surround the hostages. The people start screaming and panicking and I almost hit a few of them.

Fen had already ran off to deal with Moiri who we're hiding around the room. After I've shot the last Moiri in the room I hear clapping from behind me.

"Wow,the rumors about you we're definately true."  He said with a sick smile on his face.

The Commander and General run to me and stand on either side of me and Fen joins us a minute later, his muzzle dripping black blood.

"Thank you" The general said through gritted teeth.

"Thank you for saving us." The commander says sounding more sincere.

I looked at both if them.

"I wasn't my intention to save you, these things were just keeping me from where I want to go. I really could care less if any of you lived or died." I tell them and their mouths drop open, The commander looks shocked while the general just looks like he wants to kill me.

Laughter draws all of our attention forward. The Moiri leader is smiling as if he doesn't have a care in the world.

"I really like you!" He says cheerfully while pulling a sword from behind his back. "Shame I have to kill you though." He says not sounding sad one little bit.

I reholster my gun and summon my blade of light.

"Oooh!!! pretty sword, after I kill you I think I'll take it as mine." He said eyeing my sword with greed.

"Move away." I tell the commander and general and they shuffle far away from me. Fen moves away a little but is still fairly close.

"What is your name?" He asks as he gets into a fighting stance.

I don't answer as I also move into my stance.

"I'm only asking because it's customary to know the name of the one your about to kill." He said preparing to lunge.

"How about this, my name is Valix, see that wasn't so hard; Your turn."He says and strikes out at me.

I avoid the blow and strike out but he dodges and stands back smiling down at me.

I don't wait for him to move this time as I make the first move and attack, he avoids my first few strikes but my last blow catches him across the chest but he moves back enough to make the blow serious but not deadly. Black blood oozes from the wound and he places his hand on his chest as he moves away from me.

"Didn't see that coming." He says and looks at me with hate filled eyes.

He charges at me with wild swing and I dodge them all, slipping behind him I bring my blade down in his back, stabbing straight through to the heart. His body jerks from the hit then starts to dissolve around my blade as he swings his head around and looks at me with laughter in his eyes.

I raise in eyebrow at him in silent question to his amusment.

He opens his mouth to speak and black blood spills out staining his teeth.

"You d-didn't t-think I w-was the o-only Moiri l-leader here d-did you little r-reaper? He asks as he finally dissolved.

My eyes widen at his words and I see Fen who had also heard him speeding out of the room and I take off after him as we race to reach our destination.