15

'Yes, where is Harry?' Tobias spoke softly, he looked down at the Professor who seemed normal to him.
'He went through, we got trapped on this side, Lockhart tried to wipe our memories with my wand.' Ron explained.
'Then it backfired because you snapped yours in half, so Harry is in the chamber of secrets alone. Stay here, I'll be back. I am going to go find Harry.' Tobias pointed his wand to the pile of rock.
'How will you get pas-

Bombarda

Rocks went pass the trio, all of whom had their hands raised in front of their heads. A small, particularly sharp rock hit Tobias just above the left brow, cutting him deeply. Ron did as he was told: he stayed by Lockhart and waited whilst Tobias went forward. Tobias didn't truthfully know what tunnels to take, he just followed the sound of hissing, although this time it was a lot softer than before. He arrived at a doorway, he hissed the word open again, slowly a snake coiled it's way around the circle. The door popped out of its doorframe and he entered, he saw Ginny on the floor in the middle of the chamber. Harry stood looking at the wall as another boy wrote out, Tom Marvolo Riddle. With a flick of what Tobias noticed to be his brothers wand, it rearranged to spell out I am Lord Voldemort.

Well this isn't good.

Tobias landed on the pathway, the attention of Harry and Tom Riddle was brought to Tobias. It all became surreal, Tobias walked up to them.

"Ah, Tobias Potter. It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.' He held out a hand to his approaching figure.
'Pleasure, is all, mine.' Tobias however did not meet his hand shake, not if he would serve him in four years time.
'I am glad my future attachment shall be here, it will be brilliant to see your powers. Let's test them shall we.'

Tom turned to the statue of Salazar Slytherin, after a short hiss the mouth opened and from within cane a giant snake.

I bequest my power of control over to the new heir, Tobias Potter. You shall obey him now.

Tobias gulped, his eyes locked with the basilisk, he didn't die. He remained very, much, alive. Tobias new he couldn't disappoint, he needed to act fast, with Riddles keen eye on him and Harry's pained expression, Tobias had no choice. He turned to his brother, Tobias saw the betrayal and hatred on his face. Harry was not concealing it.

Kill. Tobias made out, Harry understood. So did the basilisk.

Harry began running, not to his accord but to Tobias's. Whilst he watched his brother run, he took over his mind and controlled him, being the heir he knew the moves the basilisk planned. So he knew the counter moves: that meant Harry and his survival. This was draining so much of his physical energy. Then again, it  was saving Harry's life, as well as Ginny. That was the thought that kept him going, he watched his brother go further and further away from him before he fell. He couldn't stop the basilisk from lunging towards Harry but he could prevent him from being injured, right then left. Before a fatal hit could be inflicted, Tobias saw Fawkes swoop in, Severus had mentioned the song bird to him.

With two movements the bird had blinded the Basilisk, Tobias was so thankful.

'No! That bird may have blinded the Baslisk! But it can still smell you!' Tom shouted from behind Tobias.

Smell

Tobis was regretting all his decisions, he wanted Harry safe not in moral danger because of him. Then again he thought of the alternative which is all three of them dead along with Draco later when he returned, that made him favour his choice of trying manipulation, he hoped that worked. It was his only option. Harry had ran into a large pipe, dumbass, how was Tobias supposed to see him now? Now he remained faithful in his brother having some form of a brain in that skull of his, he knew it unlikely but he hoped. Tobias was so focused on keeping Riddle out he didn't have the power to connect with Harry. Hope, that was what he had.

Harry splashed his way through the water and out into the open space, he moved to Ginny and looked up at Tobias. His face was smeared with grease or dirt, Tobias couldn't tell. Harry looked broken, distraught at his older brother. Tobias had to remain strong, he had to keep out Riddle out, control the Basilisk and not let Harry notice that it wasn't him doing all this. He had to boost his confidence, Tobias wasn't always going to be with Harry to save him. Just as Harry was about to open his mouth, most likely to insult Tobias, the Basilisk burst from within the ground. Water drenched Tobias along with Harry who by now was gripping the sorting hat, desperately he wanted something to fight with.

'You're wrong by the way, there will always be hope for Hogwarts, for long as Dumbledore is here.' Harry yelled before running beneath the Basilisk towards the face of Salazar Slytherin.

He clambered on the side, the Basilisk had a clean hit but Tobias moved his head direction askew. A piece of the stone crashed into the floor as Harry continued, somewhere he gained the sword of Gryffindor, Tobias should pay more attention. With Harry on the head of the statue of his founder, Tobias thought Harry did have a chance with the Basilisk bleeding. What was that stone made out of? Tobias had zero clue but he was thankful to Slytherin. After a few futile and limp swipes with the sword, Harry almost let it fall off. Tobias had to push it back slightly, make a quick barrier. Which was all Harry required. Harry lifted the sword to a stance and went straight through the mouth of the Basilisk, piercing the scales. The Basilisk flailed around in the air before collapsing on the floor, Riddle shocked said nothing as Harry made his way down, injured.

He limped over grasping his arm, a fang wedged deeply into his bony arm. It was near enough his shoulder, this was bad, the poison in the venom of the Basilisk take a near two minutes to travel round the body. Harry let his bloody hand fall onto Ginnys cold, pale one. From within the grasp of Ginny, Harry pulled Tom Riddles diary onto his lap. He had ripped out the fang by now and left it next to his knee.

'Funny, what a silly little book can do, especially in the hands of a silly little girl.' Tom brushed pass Tobias who nee what his brother was planning, Harry did have some brains then.

Harry opened up the book and raised the fang of the Basilisk.

'What are you doing?' Tom asked, Harry brought down the fang. 'No!' Tom screamed but he was halted when white light burst from within him.

Tom began to yell out and Harry continued to stab at the book, with a third and final blow Riddle was gone. The resentment that Harry felt remained, his eyes flickered up and a single look of disgust filtered onto his baby brothers face.

'You were my last family member Tobias, I trusted you.' Harry weeped.