16

Jax's P.O.V

"Stay with me Bailey. Come on stay awake." I yelled my hands shaking with fear.

I pulled her into my arms. Why the hell didn't I react right away? At the first sight of that man I should have reacted. What the hell is wrong with me. Now Bailey is slowly bleeding out because of you.

I held her wounds trying to prevent blood loss. She had already passed out. Many people were standing around watching what was happening. I glanced at a woman with a panicked look on her face, as she was holding her phone.

"Can someone call 911." I yelled.

The lady saw me looking right at her, and nodded quickly and started typing on her phone. I pulled Bailey close to my body. I couldn't loose her now, she was just starting to get close to me. I can't loose her. God dammit you are so stupid Jax. You could have prevented this.

I heard sirens in the distance. I held her close to me, my hands still holding against her wounds. The paramedics came running towards us. One of them tried to pull me off of her. I didn't want to let her go. I needed her.

"You can ride along but you have to let us do our job sir." The woman said trying to reason with me.

I nodded. I looked at the scene. Kev, Drake, and Danny were holding him back. I can believe that that bastard can do that to his own daughter. I could never harm something that I had a part of bringing to life.

They put Bailey on a stretcher and rolled her to the ambulance. I jumped in and held onto her hand the whole ride to the hospital, my knee bouncing the whole ride. As soon as we made it to the hospital the paramedics rushed her out of the ambulance. I ran with them, and started following them into the room but they wouldn't let me.

A nurse was holding me back so I didn't go back there. They didn't understand. They didn't understand any of this. They didn't understand that I need her, that I need to make sure she's okay. The nurse began to walk me over to the waiting room and began saying they would call me out when they had an update.

I slumped down in one of the uncomfortable chairs, leaning my elbows on my knees and began pulling at my hair. I heard the doors burst open and footsteps running to the desk. They were yelling something but I tuned them out. God dammit, why didn't I act sooner.

"Jax." I heard someone say. I glanced up in hope that it was a doctor. I frowned when I saw Kev.

"Yeah, I get that face a lot." He said plopping down in the seat next to me and started patting my back. It was his way of showing comfort. He's not that great at showing affection. Which makes me wonder how he met Stella.

"Do you wanna a hug?" Danny asked.

I shook my head and sighed. I know this was all my fault. Every single part of this.

"Hey, her dad is in jail. He is going to serve a long time. He will never hurt her again." Grace said trying to reassure me.

I nodded. I just know I could have prevented this. Why did I have to fuck up on the important things?

"This isn't your fault. I know those thoughts that are running through your head. How could you have known about this?" Drake asked shaking his head at me.

"That's the thing. He was coming after her when we ran into the ice cream shop. I knew that he was some kind of a threat to her. She had gone completely tense. I just didn't process it I guess. I just know I could have done something, I should have been more on alert." I said.

"How could you have known that he was going to wait out there for her? Huh? How could you have known that he was going to hurt her? She didn't say anything, you had no for sure way of knowing. You can't blame yourself for this." Kev said rubbing comforting circles on my back.

"I could have stopped it but I just stood there and watched as she was stabbed. Why the hell couldn't I stop it?" I stressed.

Tears were streaming down my face. Danny pulled me into a hug, every joined and it turned into a group hug. Everyone's arms were wrapped around me squeezing me tightly, letting my emotions freely fall.

"Can I join?" A little boy with a teddy bear asked sitting across from us.

Everyone parted and I got up. I kneeled down in front of him and he looked at me cautiously. The little boy reached up and wiped my cheeks with a small little smile.

"Don't cry, everything's gonna be alright." He said grinning at me.

"Where are your parents?" I asked looking around to see if they were close.

"Mommy is sick, and I don't know where my daddy is." He said carelessly playing with his teddy bear.

"You can hang out with us bud. What's your name?"

"I'm Max."

I picked him up and carried him back to my chair. I sat down with him on my lap. He looked at everyone with a cautious glance.

"I'm Jax and these are my friends."

Everyone introduced themselves to him. He started to talk to everyone, soaking up all the attention. Everyone came into another group hug this time with Max, as he giggled and hugged everyone back.

"Jax" Someone said.

I quickly got out of the group hug and went to the doctor. I was very anxious to hear what he had to say.

"Bailey is doing just fine. She had to have a few stitches here and there, she's going to be a little sore for a while but other than that she is going to be ok." He said.

"Um, did you keep the hoodie on her?" I asked.

"No, we had to do stitchings. Why?"

"She doesn't like to be seen without one on and covering her face." I said.

"Well we can't put on the sweatshirt she had on before. It was contaminated with her blood." He said.

I quickly slid my sweatshirt off and handed it to him. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Really?"

"Yeah, and once it's fully on her like covering her like she wants it, can you come back out?" I asked.

"Um... I can have one of the nurses do it. I have never had someone care about another's opinion as much as you."

"Thank you."

He nodded and walked back. I went back to my seat and pulled Max onto my lap again. He eased into my chest and played with my fingers as my hands rested around his waist.

"How is she?"

"Nothing but a few stitches." I said.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. I was extremely happy that she was ok. I don't know what would happen if she wasn't around. She may not say anything or make much sound, but she makes a spot right in your heart that is reserved just for her. 

*Edited*