27

Bailey's P.O.V

I don't know if I should take it off. I mean you never know ones reaction. I really don't want to scare him away. I know myself, that I am not pretty. I have more scars than hairs on my head. Every part of me is ugly.

I don't know why he is so eager to see what I look like. Because once he sees me, he'll want to run away. Then I will have to find a new place to stay for a while. And it will make everything go to hell. I don't understand why my father did what he did. It ruined me. Maybe that was his plan all along. He probably never wanted me to begin with.

"Baby girl, hey. What are you thinking about?" Jax asked.

"Everything. How greatful I am to you for letting me stay here with you. I just can't help but wonder where I would be if you didn't bring me here." I said staring at my hands in my lap.

"I don't know how it would have turned out, but I really like the way it already turned out." He said rubbing my thigh.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really baby girl." He said pulling me into his chest.

I love when he pulls me to him. It makes me feel protected, like nothing can ever harm me when I am tangled in his arms. I snuggled into his chest.

"Alright love birds. You are going to be late if you don't get out the door. You don't want to miss your best friends birthday." Jax's mom said standing in the door.

She was surprisingly cool about her son dating me. I thought she would take it to some extreme and say some weird crap about how were aren't suppose to be together. To be completely honest I thought she was going to kick me out of the house.

But she didn't and I appreciate her for that. She really has helped me get a lot farther since I've been staying here. I would probably have several broken bones that were half healing if she hadn't cared for me.

"Lets go baby girl." Jax said picking me up.

He carried me with him out to the car. He sat me in the passenger seat, he went around the car and got in the driver's seat. Today was Danny's birthday. He is turning 18, which I find surprising seeing as he acts like he's 5. We had a present for him in the back of the car.

I don't really know what it is, but Jax said that he was going to love it. We rounded the corner and I could see Danny's house. He had balloons hanging all over. Streamers littered the yard. They really went all out for this. I mean it is his 18th birthday party so, I guess they got a little carried away.

"Jesus, it's like it's screaming, 'Gay party, welcome one and all!'" Jax said chuckling.

"Don't be mean. I think it's cute."

"Always taking the other mans side. How am I going to win anything if you aren't on my side baby girl?" Jax said acting hurt.

"You know that I'm always on your side even if I'm not." I said getting out of the car.

I shut the door just as he was going to say something. He quickly got out and met me at the back of the car.

"That didn't even make sense baby girl." He said pulling me to him.

"It did you just don't know how to think right." I said.

"Really? Is that so?" He asked with a smirk.

"Yup!" I said.

He lifted me up and placed me over his shoulder. I let out a shriek and pounded my fists into his back. He let out a chuckle and carried me inside. Everyone was staring at us funny. Great. Way to make an entrance dipshit. He smacked my butt and set me down.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked annoyed.

"Yes, yes it was." He said smirking.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me throughout the house. We had finally saw Danny and Matt talking to someone. They gave Danny a birthday wish and went to see the rest of the party. Jax pulled me over to Danny and Matt.

"Hey man." Jax said.

"Hey Jax."

"Happy birthday Danny!" I said giving him a hug.

"Thanks Bai." He said.

Jax pulled me back into him jealous over me hugging Danny. I let a giggle escape my lips. He hugged me to his chest. I don't know why he got so jealous over me. He knows that Danny is gay. He knows that Danny is about as strait as the letter 'S'.

"Well, Kev, Stella, Drake, and Grace should be coming soon. They said they had to grab a few things before they came." Jax said.

Danny nodded. Matt grabbed his hand and laced his fingers though his own. I smiled at his little action to be closer to Danny. He really liked Danny and I know Danny really likes Matt. They make the cutest couple. Danny pulled Matt into him and gave him a hug.

"Ugh, I love you." Danny said leaning his head on Matt's shoulder.

"I love you too." Matt said blushing.

"SO CUTE!" I yelled hugging them.

Jax pulled me back into him. He pulled me as close to his body as he could.

"Baby girl, only I get those hugs of yours." He said smirking.

"Is that your way of telling me you want a hug?" I asked.

"Possibly."

I smirked and gave him a hug. He held me tighter to him. His chin rested on my head. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed soothing circles on my back. I looked up and him and he looked down at me. He leaned down and gave me a kiss on my lips.

'God Jax, what are you doing to me?' I thought.