28

Jax's P.O.V

I hated every time she would give them a hug. Her hugs are mine and mine only. It doesn't matter if it was his birthday or if he is gay. Her hugs are mine. We are currently driving home from Danny's party. My hand rested on her thigh.

"I think he didn't like the present." Bailey said.

"What do you mean? He loved it! What gay guy doesn't love a bunch of princess movies." I said smirking.

"You are a dick. And for your information, Drake likes to watch those type of movies too." She said with an attitude.

"Baby girl, is that attitude I am sensing?"

"Nope, you need to get your hearing checked."

I pulled into the driveway. I unbuckled her and pulled her into my lap. She let out a shriek and gave me a playful glare. I chuckled and got out of the car carrying her inside. My mom was sitting on the couch watching tv. She was smirking at us.

"Did you have fun at the party?" She asked.

"Yup! Now we are going to be in my room so...." I said starting to walk towards the stairs.

"Use protection!" She yelled.

Bailey busted out laughing and I just rolled my eyes. Good job mom. I jumped on my bed pulling Bailey down with me. She giggled and held onto my waist.

"Jax!" She giggled.

"What baby girl?"

I smirked at her and let her readjust. She looked at me and then the tv. I sighed and got out of the bed. I grabbed a few movies for her to pick from.

"Don't choose a sappy one. I don't need you crying on me tonight." I said chuckling.

"I don't think I'm going to be the one crying tonight." She said smirking at me.

"Oh really?"

She nodded and picked a movie. She brought it up to her chest and turned it so I could see it. Nope! I'm not watching that dumbass movie. Who even likes The Fault In Our Stars. Like even the title doesn't make sense.

"Nope! I'm not watching that."

"Please!" She begged.

"No."

"Fine then I'll go over to Drake's place and watch it with him."

I quickly walked over to her and grabbed the CD case and took out the movie. I placed it in the movie player and went back to the bed. I pulled Bailey to my chest and watched the movie with her. Halfway through the movie she laid her head on the pillow. Her hood slightly coming off of her head.

She didn't go to fix it either. I reached up and cupped her face. She grabbed my hand and held it. She looked me in the eyes as if she was looking for something. She searched my whole face.

She slowly brought her hand up and slid her hood fully off her head. I was shocked. She finally trusted me enough to show me, well her. She stared down at her hands probably feeling very weird. I moved my hand and grabbed a few strands of her jet black hair.

God she is beautiful. I don't know why she would hide this from me. She is the prettiest girl I have ever seen. I study her face. She had some scars here and there but the main thing that suck out was the scar than ran from her eyebrown to her chin. I traced the scar making her shiver.

"How did you get it?" I asked.

"A bottle." She said blankly.

"What do you mean?"

"It's from a glass bottle. My father, got extremely drunk and used a broken bottle to make this lovely scar down my face." She said angrily.

Her fists were clenched at her sides. I grabbed them and rubbed circles on the back of her hand with my thumb. She somewhat relaxed. I stared at her. I couldn't stop looking at her. She was so beautiful. She is like a goddess. She looks so innocent but she's been so tainted.

"Do you have any more?" I asked.

"Yeah." She scoffed.

"Can I see them?"

She was very hesitant at first. I know I am pushing a little hard but I want to know just what she has been through. I want to kiss every inch of every scar she has to make the pain go away. I don't want her living her life in pain anymore. She slowly took her sweatshirt off. She wasn't wearing a shirt under which surprised me.

She was covering her stomach with her arms. I grabbed her arms looked into her eyes reashuring her that it would be fine. She slowly put her arms down. What I saw shocked me, and not the good shock. She had scars all over her body. Not just cuts, there were also burn marks. What the hell did he do to her?

Just the thought of him hurting her brought tears to my eyes. I clenched my hands into fists. Every part of her was covered with some sort of scar. I hated that she had to go through that. I can't imagine the pain she must have felt.

That explains why she wasn't affected when Kevin squeezed the life out of her arm. She has gotten so use to pain that she can't even feel it anymore. I pulled her to my chest. I felt her back feeling even more scars. I pulled away from her and looked at her back. I let out a gasp as I saw it.

She had words carved into her skin. Burn marks were everywhere along her back. I felt a tear slip down my face. How the hell did she survive in that house? I wouldn't have been able to make it as long as she has. I pulled her into me again. She looked up at me and wipped my tear from my face.

"I'm sorry. I know I am ugly." She said looking down.

I grabbed her chin making her look at me. I stared her right in the eyes making sure she knew exactly what I wanted to say.

"You are not ugly, you are the farthest thing from ugly. You are the most beautiful girl I have laid my eyes on. Your scars are a story to everyone who sees them. They show how strong you are. How you are a survivor. You are the opposite of ugly. Baby girl, you are pure beauty." I said.

She nodded and hugged me as tight as she could. Her face was snuggled into my chest. I held her close to me feeling that if I let go she would dissapear. She is perfect in every way. She is the strongest, most gorgeous girl I have ever laid my eyes on.

Bailey Washington