20 | One Needs To Adapt To Survive

|©Reandayo - 4 March 2018|

He take his violin and walk towards me slowly. I make sure to smile and thanked him.

Gesturing the violin on my shoulder, I admire the sound that were resulted by the violin.

I played the mentioned song I just said and show him so he understand what song I just mentioned.

When I stopped, I saw him still looking at me in daze.

"Hey?" I called.

"Eh.." He blinked twice, "A- Ah.. I- I'm sorry...."

"What's the name of the song I just played?" I asked.

"It's called Fairy Grievances; The Cries, young miss."

Cringed at the name, I muttered, "..Right."

"And your name?" I feigned ignorance.

He politely smile, fidgeting at my stare, "It's Quincy Aqilla Infierno, young miss."

I laughed wholeheartedly. What is this. I didn't know this nineteenth rank capture target is this cute when he's a child. Look at his face. Now I'm hoping he wouldn't grow up and stay like this.

On the other hand though, he got surprised at my laugh.

"Wh- What's funny....?"

I smiled mischievously, "Sorry, it's just.. you're cute."

At my reply he blushed in embarrassment, "B- But, I'm a boy!"

"Who said boys can't be cute? When you grow up you'll be a manly man anyway."

Much to my disappointment.
I frowned silently remembering his handsome features in the game.

"Okay then, Quin. My request for a duet with you still stand. Let's get it done."

"But I.."

"Yeah, you can't play with all the crowds, I know." I shrug and motion my hand to call Graham.

"Yes, young miss Elena?"

"Please make all the units to guard me outside, just hide four or five people in this big room and you can stay beside me." I whispered.

He look at me for a moment before replying, "Understood."

What? Don't look at me like that.

If I were to be left alone with him, who knew what would happen when I don't have my guards at side. Better safe than sorry.

Like my sayings in the previous world about strangers; befriend everyone, trust no one.

"It's okay if my personal guard stays here right? Just imagine him as a sculpture or something if you still can't ignore him."

"Oh, um.." he take a look at Graham and nod, "Okay, I will try."

Good, I'm glad to have Graham. Because me myself, if I don't know Graham is alive and moving, I would think of him as a beautiful sculpture to admire instead of a normal human.

Sorry, big brother Graham.

The guards step outside the room, only left a couple of people hidden behind. As they search a place to hide, I draw attention from Quin so he wouldn't notice.

"It's just the three of us now." I lied without blinking, "So show me, what have you learnt?"

.

.

.

.

As my fingers move by itself, the nineteenth rank— I mean, the boy, Quin follow my tune as we were both playing beautifully as one.

I kept on praising him internally for his wonderful performance, he barely keep up with me but that's enough. He could stand at his own feet on my league, even if technically our mental and skills had this twenty-three years older difference.

He made minor mistakes but immediately took cover of it and act like nothing happened. I saw a promising star potential.

After finishing a seems like never-ending duet of ours, I saw a dazzling smile written on his face.

Aw. Cutiepie.

"That was...." He held his breath, and let out, "Awesome!!!"

I clapped my hand, appreciated his hard work, "With a little more practice here and there, I can guarantee you will soon catch up with me."

He shy away at my compliments and smile to himself, "I can't believe the music prodigy rumors are really true."

"Huh?"

"Everyone been talking of you of how you have been play music from when you are three. Is it really true?"

"Well," Chuckling lightly, my eyes divert somewhere with guilty, "Yeah.. I guess."

"Wow."

"What are you wow-ing for? It's normal isn't it? Your parents teaching you everything even if you are young?" I made an excuse which made sense for a kid who borned in a wealthy family.

"I don't know, when I'm three my parents still let me play with dirt outside." He shrugs, "I guess our league is really different, huh?"

I shrug back, neither agree or disagree at his statement and was relief that he took my lie.

Smiling, I noticed something changes too, "Now that I think about it, you're getting informal to me.."

"Eh!? Oh god, my deep apology. It won't happen for the second time!" Bowing his head to me, I saw him fidgeting and getting nervous at his mistakes.

Lazily playing some tone on the piano, the ends of my lips unconsciously went up, "No need to. You are a friend."

"F- Friend?"

"Terms to be my friend is simple; you just have to be cute or you can play music," I laugh lightly, "And you happened to be both. So maybe we can be best friends ninetee— I meant, Quin?"

"Uhh." He stoned up, "O- Okay."

"Friends?" I extend my arm for a handshake.

"F- Friends." He receive my hand and shook it.

That is how I'm friends with my future potential enemy.

Don't get it wrong, I'm not that easy to made friends with. He made friend with me, by then his mother the librarian will get happy that her plan is working perfectly.

It's the same to me, I made friend with him so I could get unlimited income of books from this big library. Reason; I never made deal with some strangers that doesn't benefit me.

It would even be great if he grows to be fond of me and treat me like family.

Sorry, you can call me anything, snake? Fox? I'm okay with it.

Afterall, one needs to adapt to survive.

|AUTHOR NOTE|

Sometimes my head suddenly hurts like it get sting or something.

I wonder what's wrong.