45- Mrs Black's Opinons

Crash!

"FREAKS! STAIN UPON MY FAMILY NAME! SCUM! PRODUCTS OF DIRT AND VILENESS! MUTANTS FREAK!"

Tonks was apologising profusely as it seemed that she was the one to make the noise and set Mrs Black off.

"Give it a rest!" Venus yelled over the woman's yelling.

The woman narrowed her eyes at her, "YOU! FREAK! ABOMINATION! NOT WORTHY OF THE BLACK DYNASTY!"

"SHUT UP YOU HORRIBLE OLD HAG!" Sirius had arrived on the scene.

"YOOOU!" She howled. "BLOOD TRAITOR-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" he and Lupin managed to pull the curtains across the portrait and silence fell.

Sirius turned to face a stunned Harry.

"Hello Harry, I see you've met my mother."

"Your-?"

"Dear old mum yes." Sirius nodded. "We'd better get downstairs before we wake her up."

Harry followed Sirius and Venus who both headed down to the kitchen.

"Why's there a picture of your mum here?" Harry frowned.

"Hasn't anyone told you? This was my parent's house," said Sirius, "But me and Venus are the last Blacks left, so the house is mine now, I offered it to Dumbledore to use as headquarters."

The kitchen table was littered with rolls of parchment. Bill quickly gathered the parchment up and banished it with his wand before anyone could see what was on it.

"Had a good summer so far?" Sirius asked as they all sat down around the table and Mrs Weasley began cooking.

"No, it's been lousy." Harry grumbled.

"Don't know what you're complaining about myself." Sirius grinned slightly. "Personally I'd have welcomed a Dementor attack. A deadly struggle for my soul would have broken the monotony nicely. At least you've been able to get out and stretch your legs... I've been stuck inside for months."

"Fred- George- NO JUST CARRY THEM!" Molly yelled.

A heavy wooden breadboard slammed down in front of Venus, a knife stuck in the table right next to Sirius's hand and a large bowl spilt it's contents everywhere.

"FOR HEAVENS SAKE-" Molly began yelling at her sons.

Venus groaned, "they've been doing this all summer." She told Harry, "it's been driving mum mental!"

"Boys your mother is right!" Arthur was saying, "you need to behave responsibly now that you're of age."

"None of your brothers caused this much trouble!" Molly continued, "not Bill- not Charlie- not Percy-" she stopped and her eyes welled up as if she was going to burst into tears.

"Let's eat!" Bill suggested.

********

"Time for bed I think!" Molly declared as they cleared away the last few plates.

"Not just yet Molly." Sirius looked at Harry, "you know, I'm surprised at you, I thought for sure the first thing that you'd do would be ask about Voldemort."

"I did- I asked Ron and Hermione! But they said we weren't allowed in Order business so-"

"Quite right too!" Molly glared at Sirius. "You haven't forgotten what Dumbledore said?"

"Which part." Said Sirius sourly.

"The part about not telling Harry more than he needs to know!" Molly's voice was rising.

It made Venus quite uncomfortable to see her mother speak to her dad in this hostile manner.

"I don't intend to tell him more than he needs to know!" Sirius said.

"He's fifteen years old!"

"He's not a child!"

"He's not an adult either!"

"He's not your son!"

"He's as good as, who else has he got?" Molly shot back.

"He's got me." Sirius glared at her.

"Yes, it's been rather difficult for you to parent either Venus or Harry from Azkaban hasn't it! He's not James, Sirius!"

"I know perfectly well who he is thanks Molly."

"Really? Sometimes you treat him as if you've got your best friend back- the same thing with Venus! It's as if you have both Marlene and James right here."

Sirius glared daggers at her.

"Molly!" Lupin interjected, "you're not the only one who cares about Harry! I think Harry is old enough to decide for himself."

"I want to know what's been going on!" Harry said at once.

"Very well," Molly sighed, "Fred- George- Ron- Hermione- Venus- Ginny- I want all of you out now."

There was instant uproar.

"We're of age!" Fred yelled, "why can't we hear!"

"If Harry is staying so am I!" demanded Ron.

"Mum! I want to hear!" Venus yelled.

"NO!" Molly shouted.

"Molly, you can't stop Fred and George, they're legally of age." Said Arthur in a tired voice.

"Harry will tell me and Hermione everything anyway!" Added Ron.

"Fine!" Molly wrung her hands, "Ginny- Venus- BED- NOW!"

Venus shot a pleading glance at Sirius, who just shrugged. Indicating that he couldn't argue with it.

"FINE!" Venus said. She and Ginny stomped up the stairs loudly.

Ginny was cursing their mother under her breath and Venus kicked everything in sight.

When they made it to the landing Mrs Black began yelling again.

"FREAK!" She jeered at Venus.

"Yeah!" Venus yelled back, "WELL YOU'RE JUST A PAINTING, WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?"

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx