37. In a sea of faces

SUGA'S POV

We got into this place called "Hobing" and surprisingly, it didn't have any Korean customers at all. The place was filled with the locals here. So it's not really just the music that's conquering the world, it's the food and the culture too.

I was seated right across JungKook who refuses to make any eye contact with me. So full of pride this kid. Whatever suits you. I said to myself.

The crew was very polite as he placed our orders on our table. I took in a spoonful and was impressed as it actually tasted exactly like what we have back in Seoul.

"Tastes legit."

The others agreed in unison.

I looked at the people around us. No one seemed to recognize. We were blending in.

Most people I noticed wore corporate outfits. This place was some IT park said JHope so I presume this area is actually surrounded by call centers.

I gazed at the window and saw even more people coming in. Almost all of them wore black which made the girl with the mustard-colored sweater stand out.

Wait.

I almost choked on the mango bits I had in my mouth. It was the same girl in the elevator. The same one I was trailing behind on my way back to our room.

It was a little hard to see as heads keep popping out of nowhere. I struggled to get a nicer view of her face. She was looking into the menu posted on the café's glass window. She was with a friend but my eyes were only focused on her. She was standing sideways making it really hard for me to get a glimpse of her looks.

Just one glance.

Curiosity filled every nerve in my body. I don't know why she has my full attention but there's just something I want to know.

Prove me wrong.

Just prove me wrong.

People were swarming everywhere but she was still in the same spot.

I feel my stomach twitching. I was holding on to the spoon like a joystick in control of the person I was looking at.

Look over here.

Come on. Look over here.

As if she heard my thoughts, she slowly turned in my direction, her eyes meeting my gaze but instantly brushing off past me.

My jaw dropped as her face finally came into view.  A strong gush of wind seemed to hit me straight to the face almost toppling me over.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I held my ground.

Is this for real?

I bit my lips so hard I started to taste a tinge of blood on my tongue. I need to make sure this isn't one of those times when I get lost in a world I make for myself.

As her eyes paced from one corner to the other, I feel all my blood draining from me. Behind the glasses were her eyes.

The eyes that I've once was lost in.

The brown hair that once was black that exuded the scent that once has filled my system was hers.

It was her.

It was really her.

Rozie.

I managed to blurt out. I feel a sharp sudden pain in my chest as I realize that I was holding my breath for far too long.

Does serendipity exist after all?

I got up from my seat feeling my knees all wobbled up. She started to look in another direction and was making her way into the crowd.

I hastily ran towards the door but a huge mob got in my way making it impossible to take a step further. I turned to the spot where she was and she was no longer there. I pushed my way into the crowd and managed to get myself out the door.

My heart was pounding so hard in my chest I could almost hear every beat with my ears. I tried my best to push the limit of what these small eyes of mine could see.

I found her. Just a few meters away from me.

I feel every piece of me wanting her.

Longing for her.

I'm thirsty for her touch and so hungry for her love.

Maybe there's a reason why I've never really gotten over her.

Maybe it isn't over for us.

Maybe this was just the beginning of something even more beautiful.

She was a few feet away from me now. I called out her name as loud as I could but the non-stop bustling of people drowned my voice down.

She was now within reach. I pushed myself even closer not caring anymore if I was being disrespectful or what. I need to take a hold of her because only by then I could trap her in my arms tight enough that even time won't keep us apart anymore.

I reached out for her shoulder but a group of girls suddenly came out of nowhere bumping me backward tumbling me over the lady behind me. She fell to the ground, her coffee spilling all over the floor.

I quickly pulled her up and began scanning the crowd again. I could hear her cursing behind me but I didn't pay any attention nor even thought of apologizing.

Looking into the sea of faces in front of me made me feel dizzy. I don't know where exactly to look.

I tried searching for her mustard sweater among this pile of blacks and whites but she was nowhere to be seen.

I shouted her name over and over wishing somewhere she could possibly hear me calling. The sea of faces started to clear out making it easier to look but there was just no sign of her.

I didn't lose hope and continued to search every possible place she might have gone to.

I could find her. Just like I did the last time.

I've gone through each restaurant nearby to no avail. Desperation started knocking in as hopelessness stabbed my chest over and over. Any possible piece of hope in me was slowly fading away as my eyes fail to see the face I wanted to hold so closely with both of my hands.

I pushed my back against the wall trying to keep myself steady. I balled my shaking hands into fists.

What the fuck!

I begin to laugh at myself.

How many times do you have to stupify yourself huh?

This fucking world is one to play games. It brings us together and tears us apart.

I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Anger started fuming up inside of me but as soon as it surfaced, loneliness just killed it in an instant.

Why let me see her when I just have to lose her all over?

Can two people be meant to see each other when they're a thousand miles apart but will never have the chance to stay together?

What an asshole this life is.

Everything around me started to blur out as I feel tears in my eyes. I've never felt so vulnerable. Regrets started filling my mind. I should have's. I could have's. Why didn't I's?

People around kept walking past me while I stay stuck with this bullshit of a love story I got myself into.

All this shit.

All this shit for nothing.