Petyr Baelish X Queen!Reader

A/N - This piece of writing is based loosely on the song 'Swish Swish' by Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj.

"Your Grace, perhaps we could speak in private about your stance on my establishment," Petyr whispered across the table to you, making you lean towards him, resting your chin on your hand with a smile.

"I think not, Lord Baelish, my mind has been settled on that matter for some time. It seems I just needed a little encouragement to put the law into place," you uttered, raising an eyebrow at him before sitting back up, straightening out your spine.

"Your Grace, the women I have sheltered will lose their work and their homes, please reconsider," he muttered. He knew you well, it was fair to say, but you knew him better than to think he cared anything for the women he kept.

"Then you will find them some honest work. It shouldn't be too hard, after all, you are on the Queen's small council, Lord Baelish," you answered softly, giving him a tight-lipped smile before turning your smile to the others around the table. "I think we're done for today unless anyone else has any queries," you asked and they all shook their heads. "You're excused." You sat still as they all stood and made for the door, leaving just Petyr sitting at the table with you.

"Y/N, please reconsider your decision," he uttered and you scoffed at his words.

"Why is it that you believe that you have the right to wave my titles?" you asked him and he stuttered for a moment before falling silent. "I will not give you special treatment in this matter, Baelish, your arguments will do nothing to alter the choices I have made."

"This isn't you being fair, this is you punishing me," he growled, getting to his feet at a speed that caught you off guard, leaving you to grab at the letter opener that sat on the table in front of you.

"If you think for even one moment that I would do this just to spite you for our personal misgivings then I don't think you know me nearly as well as you think you do, Petyr," you told him, your voice shaking slightly as your fingers loosened on the blade. This was the man you had trusted enough to share your bed, but you were still scared of what he could do when pushed too far.

"Or perhaps you don't know yourself well enough?" he growled low in his throat, watching as your face turned into a scowl. "You're punishing me and you don't even know yourself well enough to enjoy it," he added, releasing a bitter chuckle.

"If you're going to keep treating me as though I am anything other than your Queen you will truly learn what a punishment includes. You ought to have remembered your position here before I see you next, Lord Baelish. If you haven't there will be hell to pay," You spat, getting to your feet and smoothing down the skirts of your gown. "I won't be lectured by a man as indecent as you," you added as you walked past him, keeping your back straight as you continued towards the doors that led from the room.

"You know I didn't mean to hurt you," he told you through his gritted teeth. "I never meant what I said," he added and you paused with your hand on the wood of the door.

"You're far too late to apologise for any of the pain you caused," you told him softly, quickly pushing the door open and escaping from him before he could say another word.

*Time Skip*

The knock at your door was a surprise. Usually, it would be followed by the voice of your guard telling you that someone was in need of your time, but this time it was followed by silence. You slid from between the sheets and pulled a robe around your body as you crossed the room, quickly opening the vision slot to look outside. As soon as your saw Petyr's face you let out a sigh.

"What is it you need?" you asked, glaring at him through the gap and causing him to give you a small smile.

"Please let me explain," he murmured and you huffed out another sigh before reaching for the latch and letting him in.

"What is there to explain? You wanted me to hold you over until you could have Catelyn and then her husband died and you changed your mind entirely," you muttered, crossing the room and pouring yourself a cup of wine.

"That isn't what happened," he hummed, taking a seat at the large wooden table in the centre of the room. You raised an eyebrow at him, silently urging him to continue. "Yes, I will admit that, to begin with I still had feelings for Cat," he uttered and you scoffed as he continued. "That is all gone now, it was after that first night," he added, your eyes still locked on him as he spoke.

"And you expect me to believe that? After all that you said to me?"

"I had to distance myself from you, Y/N. Your grandfather had been asking me questions and I knew that if we were caught he would detest you," he told you softly. "I was doing it to protect you," he added his eyes trained on you as you took a deep swallow from your cup.

"And what if I don't believe you?" you asked him, your cheeks flushed and warm.

"Then I would say you're one of the smartest people in King's Landing, Your Grace," he answered softly, a small smile on his lips as he heard you let out a light chuckle at his words.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Petyr, you should know that by now," you laughed, causing him to let out a deep chuckle.

"I've missed that smile of yours," he muttered, so quietly that you doubted whether he had intended for you to actually hear him.

"We shouldn't do this," you murmured, taking a few steps closer to where he rested in his seat and watching as he got to his feet. "If my grandfather finds out he'll be so mad," you added, moving so that your faces were only inches apart.

"It may never happen," he uttered, his fingers coming up to dance lightly across your reddening cheeks.

"Then we'll live out our lives in silence?" you asked softly, moving back out of his reach a little. "I don't want to lie to everyone, Petyr," you told him softly and he nodded.

"I love you," he answered and you began to frown.

"But no one can ever know? What kind of life is that?" you pushed and he sighed at your words.

"That is the life of a Queen. You won't get to marry for love; you'll marry for advantage, that's how the world works." His hand reached for your face again and you flinched away from him.

"I won't do that," you told him. "I would rather die an old spinster than marry a man I didn't care for," you continued and he smiled softly at you.

"I know you would, My Love, but you'll be expected to have children, and without a husband, you can't do so legitimately," he muttered to you, causing your lip to quiver as you slumped into the seat he had vacated just moments before.

"Then I shall marry you," you uttered, attempting to force away the tears that threatened to fall from your eyes.

"It's not possible, I'm not worthy enough for the hand of a Queen," he told you and finally the tears began to flow, silently making tracks down your cheeks. "Please don't cry," he whispered softly, kneeling in front of you and drawing his sleeve into his hand to wipe away your tears. "I need you to understand that I won't continue to dishonour you," he murmured, pausing in his actions to look deep into your eyes. "It isn't fair of me to drag you along with no hopes of ever being with you fully," he added and you nodded at his words.

"Please leave," you uttered, sniffling through the tears as he made to speak again. "Please Petyr, I just want to be alone," you continued and he nodded before getting to his feet and leaving the room, allowing the door to click shut quietly behind him.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x