Chapter thirty six

Four months later

I held Vanessa's hair back for the third time today as she threw up her lunch.

"Ugh I hate this shit." She groaned and pulled back. I smiled sympathetically and rubbed her back.

"I know. But we go baby shopping today, that should be fun!" She groaned again and leaned her head over the toilet bowl.

She was five months now and starting to show quite a bit but no one in the media has caught on just yet. We decided to keep it under wraps because I didn't need the public harrassing her or asking for interviews. So until it was physically impossible to hide, we weren't saying a word.

"I also want to take you somewhere." I mumbled softly as she stood up. I looked down at her baby bump and pulled her into me.

"Where?" She asked. I cringed a little as her throw up breath hit my nose. I turned her around to the sink.

"I'll tell you while you brush your teeth." She smacked her lips but nonetheless grabbed her toothbrush. "It's a place that I hope you'll love. That's all you get." I shrugged and started out of the bathroom.

"That's all?!" She muffled out with the toothbrush still in her mouth.

"Yup. Now hurry your cute butt up." I threw over my shoulder and grabbed my car keys, hoping V liked the house I got for us.

-

"Ooh let's go to Toys r us." I grabbed V's hand and pulled her the direction of the toy store.

The automatic doors slid open, allowing me to see the vast variety of toys. And a little, just a little, my heart gleamed with joy.

"Hi welcome." A worker said with a wide smile.

"Hi, where are your Toy Story toys?" I asked politely, getting an eye roll from Vanessa.

"That would be in aisles two and three."

"Thank youu." I sang before making a b line for the aisles.

"Remember who we're shopping for, Y/n." I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"I know." When we reached aisle two, there were plush woodys and Jessies. I reached for the woody hat and put it on my head before grabbing a smaller version and putting it in the handheld basket.

"Why are you getting the woody hat? Get the Jessie one too." I huffed and grabbed the small red cowgirl hat.

"It'll be useless cause we're having a boy but ok." I said with a shrug and dropped it into the basket.

"We find out the gender next month you know?" I hummed and kept grabbing random things and dropping them in the basket. "You really think it's a boy?" I nodded.

"Yup. I'd like a son so I can teach him how to respect women and not be an asshole, ooh." I grabbed a long sword and swung it around. "And how to be a ninja of course."

"Uh no." I pouted as she took it, and tried to grab it back. "No, you're going to end up killing my baby."

"Come onn." I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me, smiling slightly as her stomach bumped against my flat stomach. "Your bump is so cute." I patted her through the oversized sweater.

"You won't be saying that by the ninth month." She retorted and pulled back.

"Yes I will. You'll always be beautiful to me. Also, I heard your boobs get bigger which is a plus." She shoved me playfully and picked up a baby doll.