148

Double update!! ☺️

The sounds of tones and repetitive beeps fill my ears. I felt a spark of warmth on my hand, a soothing feeling. My eyes started to open, letting the blinding white light pierce my eyes as I tried to blink them open. When they adjusted, I realized that I was in a hospital bed, the monitors being the source of the beeping that consoled the room. Why was I in the hospital?

"Baby.." I hear the quiet raspy voice whisper from my right.

I turn my head to the inflection, seeing Harry sitting in the chair next to me, his hand wrapped around mine while he leaned himself on his knees by his forearms. His face was gloom, his eyes tired.

"H-hi.. why am I here?" I whisper.

"You passed out from when we were burning off the tattoo. I knew you were going to be fine but I felt better if I brought you to a hospital just to be cautious." He explains quietly. I look at my wrapped wrist, the painful memories filling my mind.

"Oh.." I murmur.

"The doctor should be here soon for an exam, but they said that you just passed out in pain and your body needed to rest." He rasps.

"Well.. did we burn it enough to ruin the GPS?" I ask.

He nods, leaning forward a little bit to kiss my knuckles.

"I wish this never happened." Harry murmurs while dipping his head down to shake it.

"It had to be done." I exclaim. I'm just glad it's over. "And besides, I'll probably have a badass scar now." I snicker, trying to lighten up the situation so he doesn't feel as bad.

He smiles lightly and chuckles, leaning forward even more to meet his lips with mine. I smile against his lips, kissing him just enough to feel the softness of his pink lips and the sharpness of his lip ring.

"I love you." I pull my lips apart from his, whispering to him.

"Till my last breath babe." He kisses my forehead, sitting back down in his chair.

My cheeks burn a bit from his words, my lips being taken between my teeth.

"So when the doctor comes in, you had an accident with the stove okay? And that's when you passed out." He informs me.

"So I shouldn't be saying I got burned by three gang members with the side of a iron knife?" I say jokingly, making him shut his eyes and shake his head.

"It sounds so awful when you say it like that." He murmurs.

"Too early for jokes?" I ask.

"Maybe a little." He chuckles.

"Ms. Adams! You're awake." A petite blonde woman walks in with a clipboard and blue scrubs. Her hair was in a low pony tail and she had a permanent smile on her face.

"Hi doctor." I smile back, feeling her infectious glow.

"Seems you got a very serious burn on your wrist, from a stove accident?" She reads the charts on her clipboard.

"Yeah, I'm a very clumsy cook." I lie.

Well technically I'm not completely lying..

"Well me too, just try to be more careful and maybe let tattoo boy here do some of the cooking for a bit." She says teasingly, placing the clipboard down. I glance over at Harry who nods with a small fake smile; I know he hates overly positive people.

"But your stress levels do seem high so I'm just going to check you out a bit as procedure when someone endures this amount of pain." She smiles while walking over to the opposite side of the bed that Harry's on. She starts using her fingers to push into my sides and stomach, feeling around.

She arches her brow a bit, staying around this one part of my stomach to dig her fingers into the skin, only worrying me.

"Well, you seem to have a bit of tension- it feels like a hernia." She murmurs, making my heart skip a beat and my hand clench Harry's harder.

"A hernia?" I bite the inside of my cheek as I feel my own blood pressure rise.

"Seems to be, I'm going to do a further exam- an ultrasound to make sure." She walks over to the far end of the room to grab the big monitor and other devices.

"How could I get a hernia?" I ask.

"Well you're body must've been under great tensity from when you suffered the burn. All your muscles contracting for that amount of time can definitely cause a hernia in the lining of any body part." She says while setting up the machines.

I turn to Harry with worry on my face, his eyes holding comfort but his teeth hold his lip ring captive in nervousness.

"We should have never gone through with this.." He whispers in guilt.

"I'm just going to put this cold gel on you and just scope around your abdomen." She smiles while squirting the very cold clear gel. She sits on the small rolling chair, facing the monitor towards her while she starts to rub the stick over my bare stomach.

"A hernia.." I say in shock.

"Babe if it's a hernia then you will just have to have a simple surgical procedure. People get hernias all the time, I think Niall had one when he was younger." He kisses my knuckles again, trying to make me feel better.

"I've never had surgery." I whisper in nervousness.

"Mmm well lucky for you, I have had my fair share of surgery's so I'll be here to help you through it." He whispers to me, a small smile creeping up his perfect face. His dimples surfaced his skin as he looked at me lovingly.

"Oh Ms. Adams, you do not have a hernia." The doctor states, making me let go of the breath I was holding in relief. I hear Harry make the same relieving sigh next to me.

"Oh that's great, so what is it then?" I ask.

The doctor stays silent for a moment, making me a bit uneasy as her eyes crawled up and down the screen I can't see while the stick glides around my skin. She clears her throat, prying her eyes off the monitor to look back a me.

"You're three months pregnant."