Two - Special Guest

"I'm here for the crowning of the new king"

"Princess Kalyna of Sokovia."

Niyah and Felix announced her arrival in Wakanda as she descended down from the jet, sunglasses shielding her eyes, which were also currently hidden behind contact lenses, making them appear hazel instead of their usual amber.

There stood T'Challa awaiting her, beside him the Queen Mother Ramonda, and Princess Shuri, and surrounding them the Dora Milaje. They all bowed their heads, while she crossed her arms over her chest in the traditional 'Wakanda forever' gesture.

As she descended down the ramp from the jet and into the mid-morningWakandan sun, her hair seemed as bright as the flames she could cast, and her olive skin shone in the light. She was glowing.

"Princess Kalyna." Ramonda smiled warmly and held out her hands for the young woman to take. "We are so happy to have you here with us."

"Thank you, Queen Ramonda. It is my pleasure, thank you for having me."

"You are welcome, as always."

Now Kalyna bowed her head. "And I am so sorry for your loss. King T'Chaka was a great man."

"Thank you."

Next Kalyna turned to the soon-to-be king. "I'm here for the crowning of the new king"

"Hi," T'Challa managed, while wearing a slightly goofy grin.

Shuri snorted. "I told you he would freeze," she whispered to her mother. Okoye, Ayo, and a few other Dora smiled and chuckled as well.

A smile also spread across the Sokovian princess's face when she saw what he was wearing. "Oh no, not the suit," she joked.

"I wore it just for you." He grinned.

"Well, I am honoured that you donned your silly suit just for me."

"'Silly suit?'" repeated Shuri. "Are you criticizing my work?"

"No, of course not, I have the utmost respect for your work." Now Kalyna turned to her friend. She then cupped a hand around her mouth and leaned in in a mock-whisper, but said loudly enough for T'Challa to hear, "I just can't help but think your brother looks funny in it."

Shuri snorted with laughter again and the two princesses threw their arms around each other. "Oh I've missed you! Oh I have so much to show you - and luckily for you I'm designing a new suit for him. Maybe you'll approve more of that one. Also, I have a surprise for you." She grinned excitedly.

"For me?"

"Yes!" Shuri then addressed the crowd. "Are we done here? Can we go now?" Before even receiving confirmation she practically dragged Kalyna inside and down to her lab.

The blue glow of the vibranium snaked through the walls, the core of the place itself, pulsing through and across the city.

Kalyna was staring in awe at everything when she noticed Shuri standing before her.
"For your time here." She held out one of the beaded bracelets that could control all the vibranium and be used throughout the city.

"Really?"

"Yes of course!" Shuri slipped it onto her wrist. "And now, for the best part!" Again, she practically dragged Kalyna over to her work space, where she had some new designs and models of the Black Panther suit on display.

"Ooo very nice."

"You like them?"

"Yes very much. I especially like this one." She reached out and tapped one of the large teeth on the gold necklace of one.

"Me too. T'Challa thinks that one's too flashy. He's so boring." Shuri walked around the display to retrieve something from a nearby worktable. "Ta da!" She held up a shimmering bronze necklace in her hand, with a thin chain and three dangling feathers in the front, the centre feather larger than the other two framing it.

"Your new suit! This is the core of it," she explained. "Like the Black Panther suits, the whole suit is concentrated within the necklace. I'm still working on it, so it's not quite finished I'm afraid, but you will definitely be able to take it home with you."

"Oh Shuri-"

"It is completely bulletproof, and fireproof of course. And lightweight and breathable, with built-in armour."

"You never cease to amaze me. Thank you, so much."

Shuri grinned. "It was T'Challa's idea," she said with a hinting edge to her voice.

"Oh?"

"Uh huh. He said you needed a serious upgrade after what he saw in Berlin."

"I did what?" The young ladies turned to see T'Challa himself entering the lab.

"I was just telling Kalyna that - WHAT ARE THOSE?!" Shuri shrieked when she saw her brother's footwear. She pointed down at his feet.

He had changed out of the panther suit and into traditional robes. He smiled and looked down at his sandals, wiggling his toes. "What, you don't like my royal sandals?"

"Why do you have your toes out in my lab?!" his sister scolded. "Kalyna, help me here."

"They're - stylish. But she's right, something could fall on your foot and break your toes."

"Thank you! That's why you wear shoes like I have-" Shuri kicked up her leg to show off her high-top sneakers.

T'Challa chuckled. "I forgot that you two liked to team up against me."

"Well I see you two have been teaming up against me, conspiring about my suit," Kalyna returned.

"Yes, you'll be pleased to know Brother that you now both approve of each other's suits. And Kalyna likes the Golden Jaguar suit as well."

"I like it, I just think it would draw too much attention."

"Suit yourself." As if on cue, both of the ladies turned to each other and laughed. "Haha, 'suit'!"

"Good one!"

(Wow over 100 reads already - you guys are awesome! Thank you so much! I'm so glad to see so much excitement for this story - you guys are getting me even more excited! :) And haha, Kalyna probably won't like the Golden Jaguar suit so much when Erik steals it and wears it to fight them - I'm so excited for her interaction with Erik ;) Thanks again so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed!)