housewife || Dick Grayson

Dick's blue eyes were staring blankly up at the ceiling with his head rested on the armrest of the couch, they were reflecting the exhaustion he was feeling. This was a mistake, where had he done wrong.

No.

What had he done to you for you to deserve this hell.

Loud giggling and screaming were ringing in his ears, tiny yet rapid footsteps echoed throughout the living room.

"Daddy, let's play!" The copies of himself stopped their running, one had jumped onto his stomach as the other had her face hovering above his. Her blue hues that looked exactly like his were twinkling with energy and playfulness.

Her brother, who was sitting on his stomach, slapped his chest, "come on play! Daddy!"

Dick felt like crying, he had been in this situation for hours. At first he didn't mind, he even happily played with the kids for the first three hours, chasing after them, giving them piggyback rides and many things he could think of until it was the time for them to nap.

The young father really hoped that his kids would be super tired like him after playing, but did they? Nope. He made the five years olds their favorite foods as lunch, hoping they would be full and got sleepy afterwards only for them to be even more energetic.

He shouldn't have given them those cursed bowls of cereal.

Now it was almost their bedtime and the kids didn't even look exhausted one bit. At this point, he was sure these kids were robots.

"Kids," Dick began, rubbing his eye tiredly as he slowly sat up, moving his son from his stomach to his lap instead. "It's almost your bedtime, you have to sleep," he reasoned softly.

The kids simultaneously pouted, crossing their arms before they fell onto the floor and threw a tantrum.

"No, no, we still want to play!" They cried.

Dick didn't know what to do, he raised his hands slightly, unsure what to do with them. His eyes were wide, he tried to calm them down, promising them with things but they still didn't stop whining, they got louder. Biting back a sigh, he cave in.

"Alright, we'll play but after that, you sleep," he said sternly.

The kids stopped their tantrums and shot up, giving their father an eager nod. Just like they promised, they went to bed right on their bedtime, pleasant smiles were on their faces. For the first time that day, Dick could finally took a damn bath, he felt the knots in his body loosening as his body visibly relaxed in the warm water.

He was so relaxed he didn't even hear you entering the bathroom.

"You look horrible."

Dick slumped against the tub, lowering his body until half of his face was in the water. As a respond to your little remark, he huffed before he emerged again from the water.

"I don't know how you can cope with them 24/7," he rested his arms on the edge of the tub, head leaning against them as he stared up at you cutely with his tired eyes.

You giggled, walking over and kneeled by the tub. Your soft hand rested on his arm, thumb rubbing gentle circles on his skin, "you get used to it, Honey."

It was true, you were used to your children's shenanigans because you were always with them. You had retired from your job after 7 months of being pregnant with the twins, mostly it was because of Dick telling you to rest. You knew how to handle them, to calm them down and how to bribe them when needed unlike Dick.

Dick was always busy, his jobs kept him busy, making unable to help you with the kids thus resulting him not knowing what to do when you left him with the kids to a little meet-ups your highschool friends had invited you to.

You could have brought the kids but Dick insisted that you needed to take a break from taking care of them which leading you to the current situation.

After a relaxing bath, Dick prepared himself to sleep while you took  quick shower. He heard you hum as he laid limp on the bed, head swimming at the thought of you keeping the house clean whilst looking over the two balls of energy. He didn't know what to feel instead of proud and respect for you, don't forget the love he had for you that only kept on growing.

"I can't wait to get back to work."

"Aw, don't worry," you started in a teasing tone, ruffling your hair with the soft towel as you sat on the bed by his side. "I'll be the housewife tomorrow babe, you can relax and enjoy your work."

"Yeah."

He began ranting about his day with the kids, and yet, despite that he wouldn't love them any less.

::

I just had this little thought where Dick is struggling with his kids before being the perfect daddy XD