Chapter 23

"Ms. Downs I hope you're ready for this afternoon?"
"I think so sir"
"I need one hundred percent next time Ms. Downs, anyway you'll be excused to leave to change when I'm done with these files"

"Alright, by the way sir, is this event for charity to announce the product or next CEO? have you even met the next CEO?"
"All three of those reasons and no, I don't even know what they look like"
"They? Isn't it a man?"
"Albert Winters had twins, a girl and a boy so I don't know which one will take their fathers place"
"Interesting..."

"What's so interesting?" He asked as he looked up and I quickly averted my gaze, he furrowed his brows and went back to looking at one of the many new employee forms.

"What's interesting is that you haven't met the son and daughter of a very respected client"
"Well, maybe I don't want a bunch of kids interrupting a business meeting"
"How are you so sure they're kids?"
"Just guessing"
"You were young when you took over the company"

He didn't answer but kept looking at the forms.

"Oh Ms. Downs can you get me Troy's project application on that shelf?"
"Of course"

I walked to the shelf and didn't see a file, I looked around some more but instead I found a pair of hands either side of me.

I didn't need to turn around to know who was caging me in.

"Mr. Reid?"
"You have been ignoring me all day Juliana, it's very mortifying, why aren't you looking me in the eye?"

I didn't say anything, I couldn't.

"If this is about what I said yesterday, I was completely serious, I'll do anything I'm capable of doing to convince you into coming with me"

"I know"
"Then why are you so hesitant?"
"Because I don't trust you"
"With?"
"Everything!" I yelled and pushed him back a little.

And just like that he walked out of the office leaving me on my own.

"Why me?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You look great!"
"Do I? I feel really weird wearing this"
"Why?! It's exactly your style! Wait a minute, you never complain about clothes, is there something you're not telling me?"

"You still get that feeling? I'm telling you I'm not hiding anything and I still... don't know about this dress"

I was wearing a sleeved razzmic berry purple dress (it was on the dress) and I had decided to put my hair in a high neat bun.

"Just tell me why?! Is it the color?"
"I think it's a bit too short..."
"If you think that's short, you'll faint seeing my teenage closet"
"Don't even remind me, how can someone with a huge ass just walk around in the tiniest pair of denim shorts?!"
"I was young and sexy"

I rolled my eyes and then looked back at the mirror.

I wasn't like this yesterday, I agreed to this dress straight away, why am I suddenly changing my mind?

"You know what? I'm gonna wear this dress"
"What changed your mind?" She said in a sarcastic tone.
"Just felt like it"
"I think you've been spending too much time with that bipolar boss of yours"

I laughed it off but maybe she's right, maybe Mr. Reid is not good for my health.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Mr. Reid why is it that their mansion is so far away?"
"Albert had bought a big piece of land to build a mansion that will be able to house his great-grandchildren as well"
"He must really hope to be able to see that"
"He's a family man after all"