Chapter 22 - Sudden Reunion

After visiting the Haunted House, we walk all around the school festival, enjoying all the different rooms.

Time flies,  and before we know it...

"That was fun!"  said Raika while showing Kasumi all the different souvenirs she bought

"All the rooms were wonderful, weren't they? Kasumi replied.

"I'm so glad i took time off from work," said Yomiko gleefully.

(I'm glad everyone seems like they enjoyed themselves.) i thought to myself while i walk behind them.

"Oh, hey were's Rei?" asked Miyoko/

"She said she needs to clear up, so we should go back first," he replied.

"What shall we do then? Shall we head home first?" inquired Ms.Mikahara as she turns toward the group.

As Mina looks around he can see the students busy cleaning, and tidying up. 

(Reimako is maybe busy cleaning up as well, she's been working really hard.)

(If possible I'd like to wait around until she's finished.)

Without realizing it, he wanders his eye around as he try to spot Reimako in the crowd.

"Hey." 

"Hm?"

"How about we all make dinner tonight instead of Rei," suggested Miyoko enthusiastically.

"That sounds like a good idea." agreed Ms.Mikahara.

"Rei's bound to be tired out after this festival," replied Yomiko.

"It can be our way of appreciating her for all the things she's done for us and inviting us to this festival." followed Kasumi.

"Good Plan." agreed Raika.

They about the leave the school grounds when...

"Wait," said Miyoko abruptly.

Everyone stops and looks at Miyoko who seems to be grinning.

"You wait here for Reimako, Mina." she suggested.

"Huh?"

"Come on, Mina we can't leave Reimako alone, your the only man in the family is a gentleman's duty to wait for  a lady."

"And it'll be lonely for Rei walking back on her own. right?" she continued.

"Yes, i'm sure she'll appreciate it if you wait for her, Mina." agreed Ms.Mikahara.

(That's what i been thinking, i should wait for her, god is like their reading my mind.)

"Alright, that's settled, then! You wait for Rei, Mina." said Miyoko.

"O-Okay."

(Wait...they might have been reading my mind...)

Thinking that scared the shit out of him.

"All right,  we'll head back first them," said Ms.Mikahara

"Okay, take care guys."

"See you later." Raika waved goodbye.

Everyone heads back to the family.

Just then, Miyoko, who's walking right at the back, turns around to face me.

"See you later you pedo!" she said and turns around to catch to the group.

"Dammit, Miyoko."

So, he waited for hours at the school gate for Reimako.

"Mina!" uttered Reimako as she stops and surprised to see Mina waiting at the school gate.

"Hi, Reimako, are you about to go home?" he asked.

"What are you doing here?! i thought you left with the other earlier," she said.

"U-uhm, everyone told me to wait for you, since you'd probably be lonely heading home alone." he replied.

"S-Sorry for making you wait then." she smiled softly.

"Uh, no i don't mind."

"Ehehehe, thank you." 

"What's in the bag, that looks heavy shall i carry it for you?" he curiously ask as he noticed the large shopping bag.

"O-Oh, It's the blender and the pancake maker we use at home, we used it in the cafe'." she explained.

"Give it here, i bet you're tired let me carry that for you," he said getting the shopping bag off Reimako's hand.

"T-Thanks." she blushingly said.

Reimako's school is walking distance from the Famille' she's about to enroll to a more exclusive all-girls school but Raika suggested her to stay with her at the Famille' that's the second reason why she enrolled and stayed at the Famille' on their way home, they talk about the school festival.

"Thanks for today, it was really good fun, though that haunted house might be a bit over the top for us ehehehe." he laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, i remember you screamed like a girl when you kicked the door." she teased.

"Ah' , ahahahahaha." he laughs nervously.

"I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as well." she said.

"And..." Reimako smiled but she seems to have remembered something really embarrassing as she turns redder and redder.

"Back at the haunted house...thank you."

"Thank you for wha..oh! ehehehe." (it must have been the time she asks me to hold her hand.)

"I'm glad i got to go inside with you, Mina."

"Oh!" ( damn she's so precious did my heart skip a beat?)

As she timidly gazes at him, her cheeks flushed...

(She's staring at me, god my heart is beating like crazy...)

"It's strange..."

"Huh? What is?"

"When i'm with you, i feel so happy..." she said nonchalantly.

"It's like i forget about all the sad things..."

(Sad things?)

Just then...

Suddenly she stops rooted at a spot.

"R-Reimako?"

(What's wrong?) I follow her gaze and see a man and a woman.

"Who are they? Do you know them?"

Then, the middle-aged man noticed her and waves.

(His waving at us, Rei seems to uncomfortable, what's going on?)

Then Reimako quietly murmurs,

"D-Dad..."

"Huh?!"

(Dad?!)

He didn't know that now, but this turns of events is about to shatter the happiness that he thought would continue forever.