Chapter 11

Raksha,

''He is making a fool out of you, and you are falling for all his lies.'' Jordan blabbered as I went about the shelves in the library searching a required book. Jordan seriously has some issue with Adi, he had been continuously trying to fill my ears against him. Little did he know that I know Adi the way no one can. ''You are just overreacting , its nothing like that. He never lies.'' having said that, I picked the book up moving to the librarian to get it issued.  We walked out and he started again, ''Fine, agreed he never lies but those two are staying under one roof. Raksha, be logical. They are young, have known each other for years.He offered her his shoulders when her marriage collapsed. Its him who held her hand when that kid was born. The kid grew up around him, it takes a moment to fall. When moment of choice will arrive, he will chose her.''

I won't deny that his words did affect me deeply,but I masked it. ''Just calm down, I have known Adi forever. You don't know him I do, if he says no , it means no.'' Jordan just shook his head in desperation. He stepped closer , brushed his knuckles on my cheeks, he whispered locking his eyes with mine ''You are special, and you deserve the best.'' 

I stood frozen, trying to understand his emotions. Breaking the moment I stepped back, ''I should get going. We have a presentation tomorrow and I need to prepare for that.'' He kept staring down at my face with smile. I returned it with mine walking off quickly. 

''Take me to Aditya's place.'' I instructed my chauffeur. He glanced sideways it me before taking the turn towards Shiv's house. My heart started accelerating as my car approached his mansion. The security let us in after seeing my face. As I drove through the the drive way, my lips automatically got stretched into a smile. Hopping off , I ran up the stairs to the front porch , moving into the main hall. I have been here before but this the first time , I drank the beauty of this castle. Round staircase run up from the left of the hall, leading to a enormous lobby that's dawned with beautiful collection of paintings.  I twirled around happily, I always felt home after stepping in this house. I should have taken the offer of staying with him, damn my ego.

''Welcome your highness, what can I get for you?'' The butler broke my beautiful bubble an I went back being a taut Princes. ''I would like a cup of tea and could you please let Adi know I am here.''

''I fear, I can't do that. He is out on an official trip. There is no one home.'' The butler replied wearing the same blank expression. 

''Is Anika or Anjali around.'' I asked expecting him to say yes.

''They have accompanied master on the trip, they will be back by the weekend.'' I just nodded. He served me tea and I had it with great difficulty. I felt betrayed , broken and suddenly sad. I literally ran out of the mansion, driving off to mine. I dashed into my house, running straight to my room. Locking my room , I threw my body on the bed , burying my face in the pillow I sobbed. I don't why , but it felt as if someone slashed my heart into two. He didn't tell me he was going out of station, he should have told me once. Am I nothing to him, and then I sobbed again. I could hear my phone ringing in some corner, I decided to ignore as right now I felt my heart heavy with pain. Picking the intercom, I ordered the chef to get me a bucket of ice cream, I felt depressed and needed something to feel better about myself. Getting up , I quickly changed into comfortable night dress and got into my  bed with my bucket of ice cream, digging it with the spoon , and each time I swallowed it. My phone rang again and this time I decided to check, it was Ananya. Wiping my tears I answered the call. Her voice came chirpy as ever, ''Hi Raksha, what's up? how is London treating you and how is Adi''

''Don't know and how will I know about him'' I snapped

''Oh! looks like he riled you up. Can you please elaborate.'' She chimed like bells