01. Work of Art

0 1

Hi, you've reached Erika. Please leave a message and I'll be sure to get back to you.

''Ah, voicemail. Such a shame. I was hoping to hear your voice again.'' He paused for a second, bringing up his fingers in order to rub his temple as if to prevent the upcoming headache. ''I guess I'll have to say this anyway. But where do I even start?''

Nervous, that's what he was. Very weird and unusual for his liking, as he kept pacing back and forth, hoping that the feeling will soon fade away and leave his body permanently. ''I should probably start with the day we met, right? Gosh, you were breathtaking.''

His laugh was sounding almost ironical. ''The gallery was full of art, amazing paintings and yet the only thing that managed to caught my attention was you. But you were just standing there, staring at a Van Gogh painting as if your eyes have then seen the angels. I thought it was funny, because you were so caught up in the painting you hadn't even realized that it was just a reproduction, a copy of the original work and that I have been standing next to you that whole time; watching you.''

''I needed to get to know you.'' He spoke, the tone in his voice turning low, somewhat frustrated. ''But you didn't want anything to do with me, which I understood, at first.''

Shaking his head, he then sat down on his bed, feet tapping against the floor repeatedly. ''I sent you so many messages, but you've never returned them. You thought it was creepy, and I don't blame you. I knew where you lived so I'd figured out I'd come and visit. Sounds more appropriate than sending just a bunch of text messages.''

Then there was a long pause, a minute of silence he so desperately needed just to wrap his thoughts around all of this. ''Ah, I'm sorry about your boyfriend. I couldn't help myself. The thought of somebody else having you, somebody else owning such a precious work of art drove me insane.''

Within seconds, he stood up, clenching his fists as he spoke quietly and more clearly with the purpose of his words to be heard, to be remembered and possibly never forgotten.

''Soon, you'll be mine. And you'll learn to love me back.''

A/N

this wasn't the first chapter but more like an introduction to what's this book actually about. what do you think? tell me, vote & comment, blow up my notifications. i love you.

also jhope's daydream asdfghklsjxh you're all invited to my funeral.