Getting Dates

Cedric was sitting on a bench with a bunch of his mates all around him. They were discussing about the Yule ball that was coming a lot faster than any of them anticipated.

"Ced, so who are you taking?" Robbie one of his friends asked.

"I don't know." Cedric fibbed. He knew exactly who he wanted to take but wasn't sure what her answer would be.

"Hey look Chang, Edgecombe, and their posse are headed here." Ian said.

"Ian will you go to the Yule ball with me?" Marietta asked coming up and approaching them first.

The guys around them all stared at Ian waiting for his next move. Ian stood up and gave a charming smile. Marietta blushed as Ian took her hand and brought it to his lips.

"It would be my pleasure." He said.

The girls around them giggled.

Then Cedric watched one by one as his mates each got a date to the ball. Then he noticed that it was only him and Cho.

"Ask her!" Brice another one of his mates chanted. Then the others began to do so too. "Ask her, ask her!"

Ian tried to stop them but it was fruitless.

Cedric blushed. The chant went on for a whole minute, the girls even joining in.

Cho's face flushed in embarrassment then she turned around quickly. But Cedric still saw the flicker of hurt and embarrassment on her face. Before he knew it, he shot his hand out to grab her.

Cho turned to look up at him questioningly. Everyone around watched them intently. Cedric gave a big gulp, his adam's apple bobbing.

"Would you like to be my date…"

Cho's face broke into a smile then she flushed. "Yes."

Cedric and Cho's mates around them cheered.

Cedric could feel the bile rise up his throat as Cho and the girls waved excitedly at them one last time before leaving, chatting excitedly about what they were going to wear.

Cedric grabbed his bag and swung it onto his shoulder, narrowly missing his mate's head.

"Hey watch it."

"Sorry Brice, I'm headed to the library. See you." He said half heartedly. Then he walked as fast as he could, trying to get away.

Ian ran trying to catch up to him but it was too late. "Oh Ced." He said sadly before he began to walk back to the bench.

"What's wrong with you?" Robbie asked as Ian sat back down and put his head between his legs.

"A lot of things." He said before getting up and getting his textbook. Then whacked Brice on the head with it.

"Hey!"

"You're an idiot." Ian said before leaving too, headed to the common room.

!

Cedric slipped into the chair right across from hers. Hermione looked up smiling at him. "Hey."

Cedric opened his mouth then closed it.

Hermione's eyebrows lifted.

"I'm taking Cho to the Yule ball." He blurted at last.

"Oh." Hermione said looking at him wide eyed. "That, that's great, I'll bet you two will be the envy of the ball." Hermione said plastering a fake smile on.

Cedric just looked at her happy face. He didn't know what to say but he did expect her to have some kind of reaction. But this wasn't the one he wanted. Truthfully he wanted her to show any kind of emotion except happiness.