XX

I was at the fountain.

My heart was beating so loudly in my chest as I looked on at the figure standing in the middle of the fountain with a sword in his hands, shoulders tense as he looked ahead. I could hear him panting.

As I drew closer to the edge of the fountain, I squinted at him. He looked panicked as he mumbled something to himself but it was loud and booming in my ears. His words made my blood run cold and face pale.

"It's not over.." He whispers in horror. I noticed that if I listened closely, I could hear the sound of metal on metal and arrows whizzing through the air. The sound of death as invisible people around us died. My eyes widened in fright as I looked around only to see no one but us.

We were alone in the fountain.

I turned back to the figure.

"Hey." I call as I step up onto the concrete slab. Swallowing in fright as I notice the figure tense up as if he heard me.

"Malakei?" He calls out worriedly.

I jump down into the water that is above my knees and grows deeper the further I go, running to him but before I can reach out to him he turns and grabs my wrist with a clenched jaw. Eyes dark and face bloodied. I gasp and take in his complexion.

He was me. An exact copy only he looked stronger and sure of himself. He tilted his head at me before wasting little time, grabbing his dagger in his criss-cross and driving it into my stomach.

I scream awake and go to sit up only for hands to grab hold of my shoulder. I scream in fear and bring my elbow back against the person's chest. They groan as I whimper in fright.

"Keylin? Baby it's me." I hear Raen say through his pain and I immediately stop thrashing trying to get out of his grip. Panting heavily as I try to calm down. Raen's hand remains on my shoulder, squeezing in reassurance before sliding down to rub my chest. I notice how his hand stays over my heart. Pressing down so that he can feel how fast it was beating.

"It's alright. You're safe. It was just a dream Keylin."

He shushes me and I let my eyes fall shut as my head falls sideways against the pillow, I take in steady breaths all the while Raen spoons me from behind.

"It wasn't just a dream." I state quietly looking out at the dark room before me. It was definitely late into the night. I bring my hands up to grab Raen's hand, sighing when I feel his fingers lace through mine.

"I saw myself at the fountain. I-I think I was in the middle of the war. It was here in the Sky Lanes. I think I just had a premonition.."

I say coming to the realisation that what I saw may have been my future-not the part with me stabbing myself.

When I stepped into the fountain, I must have meddled with the vision and the 'future me' must have thought I was the enemy. If I had waited longer in silence, I might have saw something or heard something else. What was all of that about Malakei?

"Really?" Raen breaths out in concern as he sits up so that he's kneeling and looking down at me, I move onto my back and quirk myself up on my elbows nodding up at him.

"This is the first time since Max that I've had a dream like this. I think it's a sign he's getting closer with his army. What if we don't have enough time to prepare the army and get the civilians out? I don't think we have enough numbers."

"We need to go to Vixen." Raen says seriously. Eyes far away. "She needs to know about this."

"You're right." I state before getting up into a sitting position over the bed and getting to my feet. Raen grabs my hand from the bed at the last second with a startled cry.