Chapter 30 - Move on

"But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true"

Alix's P.O.V.

I can't do this, I just can't. I thought and forced myself to push Harley away from me.

- "Stop Harley! We can't." I said trying to hide my emotions.

She was shocked for a second and then got sad.

- "So what? Am I just supposed to accept this? Am I just supposed to let you go even though we both know we love each other?" She said not looking at me.

I took a bit to respond cause I knew that I would have to lie by saying and doing exactly the opposite of what I wanted to do.

- "Yes. Yes, you do. Please stop making this harder than it already is. Move on. I'm trying to do the same." I said trying desperately not to cry and give away my true feelings.

She looked at me now like she couldn't believe what I had just said.

- "I can't believe you Alix! I can't believe you actually said that. I know that's not what you truly want..." She said and started to get closer to me again, but this time I had to stop her.

- "Yes Harley, it is. My dad is right, what we had was a teenage crush and we were both too lost in this fantasie that we labelled it as love. We both have a lifetime of experiences in front of us before knowing what that word means." Every word that got out of my mouth was a lie, and I knew it, but it was the only way to make her quit.

She looked at me trying not to cry, anger was visible in her features as her jaw tensed and her nostrils flared.

- "So you never loved me? You actually believe that bullshit han? So what? You're going to move on? Your going to start hanging out with James or Matt and you'll tell me I should find someone to do the same, that's what you truly want?" She asked pointing at the door before balling her fists.

I had to muster up all of the courage I could to respond her.

- "Yes, that's what I want." I responded not daring to say anything regarding her first question.

She looked at me once again and nodded.

- "So be it. You can consider yourself free. But don't expect us to be friends, cause I can't be around you and pretend that I don't hate you as much as I love you right now. Bye Alix." She said biting her lower lip forcefully, picking her stuff up and leaving the classroom.

I broke down as soon as the door closed. I knew I loved her, but I had to pretend so I couldn't hurt her. I had to.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

As I left the classroom I couldn't be bothered with the fact that I was going to be skipping the entire school day.