Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Third Person POV

Aria looked around as she stumbled into what remained of the lab just as Steve and Tony were running out to find their gear. Steve's eyes met Aria's blue ones as he passed, and he stopped for a second, before shaking his head and continuing down the hallway. Aria could hear Natasha and Banner down below the lab, but she ignored them as she made her way over to what remained of a lab table which held Loki's scepter. She had just picked up the scepter, when she spun around at the sound of a gun. " Put it down, Stone." Agent Hill told her but Aria only stared at her for a moment, before aiming the scepter and firing it at her.

Agent Hill ducked behind a bit of debris, but when she looked back, both Aria and the scepter were gone. " We've got a problem." Hill told Fury through her mic.

Loki looked up as Aria appeared next to the control panel and smirked when he saw what she had with her. " So, which Aria do I have to thank for this?" He asked.

" Does it really matter?" She questioned, just before a yell sounded from outside the door. Aria quickly pressed the button to open the door of Loki's cell, just before Thor came charging in to the room to stop Loki from escaping. Loki's image flickered as Thor tried to tackle him, before vanishing as Aria closed the cell behind him, leaving  Thor to glare toward his brother as Loki made his way over to Aria. The blue disappeared from her eyes, and she stared up at him in a daze but said nothing as she watched Loki look over the control panel.

" The humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?" He asked before hitting the release button, causing the cell to drop. Loki started to reach for Aria, when she suddenly moved away, her eyes narrowed as she pointed the blade of the scepter at him. " Stay back." She warned but he only smirked at her. " And what is one pathetic, little, mortal like you going to do? As far as I can tell, your powers-" He was cut off as the scepter suddenly activated, knocking him off his feet and into the wall on the other side of the room.

" I said stay back." She cried and he stared at her for a moment before vanishing, causing her to look around in confusion, just before Coulson appeared holding a giant gun. " Aria, that you?"

" Yeah." She responded but as she started toward him, Loki appeared behind Coulson.

" Coulson." Aria screamed in shock as Loki stabbed him in the back, before dropping the scepter and running over as Loki reappeared to catch it. " no, no, no, your going to be fine." Aria told him as tears burned in her eyes. She tried to stop the bleeding but there was just to much of it.

" Your gonna lose." Coulson told Loki as he turned to walk away, and Aria glanced over as his hand tightened on the trigger of the gun which she blocked Loki's view of. 

" And why's that?"

" You lack conviction." Coulson responded just before Aria dove to ground as he fired the gun at him, knocking him through the wall.

" So, that's what it does" he said and Aria quickly went back to trying to help Coulson, only to have him shake his head. " There's no point, I-."

" Don't talk like that, please you have to hold on." Aria pleaded." Just a bit longer."

" He's right." The other Aria told her, appearing behind her. " There's no saving him."

" What do you know, your just a figment of my emotions."

" Actually, I'm much more real then that, but right now you need to calm down, and go after Loki, he cannot escape."

Aria looked at Coulson with a sigh, before getting up. " I-" She started to say but he only smiled at her. " Go, be a hero."

With those final words from the man she had met not so long ago, Aria disappeared through the hole in the wall.