9

Robbers - The 1975

ISABELLA

Not once do his eyes falter away from me. The green becoming masked by a dark cloud. I suddenly feel self-conscious. I find myself constantly pulling at my dress and scratching the back of my arm. His stare is hard, almost cold. They stay trained on me, even when we sit down for dinner. 

I finally look up at him and our eyes meet. His once cold stare softens and his panty-dropping smirk resurfaces. He lets out a small chuckle but quickly looks down at his plate. 

"This looks great, Izzy." Chase comments. He sends me a warm smile, hoping to cut the awkward tension that has filtered into the room. 

"You made this?" Harry asks. His tone is surprised, almost impressed. "Our own Rachel Ray. Aren't we lucky." He jokes, winking at me. I try to fight the ferocious blush that tries to surface, failing miserably at doing so. 

"Wait a sec," Jaz's voice is high and breaks through the silence. "Your name is Harry?" Her eyes widen as they begin to process everything. Her mind begins to click, everything making sense. 

"That's my name." Harry says, his eyes not once leaving me. 

"Well then." She lets out a giggle. Ben raises an eyebrow at his girlfriend, not getting the joke of the situation. 

"Am I missing something?" He questions. Jaz is about to speak but I am quick to interrupt. I'm not sure if Harry wants everyone to know about what he does during the day. Judging by what Jaz has said about Ben's lack of knowledge on his brothers whereabouts, it was easy to guess that Harry didn't want him to know. 

"No. It's nothing. Did everyone get wine?" I quickly stand up from my spot. Harry's eyes not leaving me still. 

"I'd love a glass," Chase says. He stands up and grabs my glass from my hands. "I'll get it for you love." I smile shyly at him as he walks over to the kitchen. I can hear Harry scoff, but he doesn't say anything. I look at him, questioning, but he just smirks once again. 

"Harry," Tiff speaks up. Her eyes sparkling as she looks at him. Keep it in your pants, Tiff. My little subconscious scolds her. "Is Harry your real name?" I cough up my lasagna. Jaz tries hard not to laugh. Tiff looks absolutely curious. 

"Yes."

"Do you like it?" She asks once again. 

"It's fine."

"It's not Harold?" 

"Nope." He looks around the room, his eyes screaming Is this chick serious. I giggle quietly, taking a small sip from my wine. Oh Tiff, your blonde highlights are showing. 

"Interesting." She giggles like a little school girl, taking a big bite from her salad. My eyes make contact with Harry's. He rolls his eyes, clearly directing it towards Tiff. I give him a small smile in return. "Do you work?" 

Ben snickered to himself. "Please, I'll be dead by the time Harry boy here get's a fucking job." 

"Benny!" Jaz sent a stern look towards her boyfriend, jabbing his side with her elbow. 

"I work." Harry answered. His voice flat, his facial expression blank. 

"Really? Doing what?" Chase snickered to himself. I rose my brows at him, confused to why he sounded so rude. 

"Better than working at a grocery store. Right bag boy?" 

"I'm a cashier, dick." 

"And I'm a bartender. Pretty sure my job is better." Harry smirked. "Bag boy."