ix.

Dear World,

My laughter is fake. I have yet to learn the art of what it is like to laugh from the soul. For now, I stay in tune with the way others hold their heads, lift their eyes, curl their lips and produce their noises of joy.

Dear World.

I am tired of being tired. I am tired of feeling shadows under my eyes and looking at others success while I myself work and work and work and work and see- shadows. Nothing but darkness in front of me and darkness of purple stains invading my skin.

Dear world.

I am hopeless in the art of wanting.

To you, you see a girl who dreams. To me, I see the reality of someone who wishes I did not have to.

To the world who reads- I am a tired, bitter, mechanical thing. Something that never learned properly what emotion to feel at the right time.

But dear world,

I'm trying.

That is what you don't see.

You may think my broken laughter, and out of place jokes are awkward and put me apart. But slowly I will get there. Slowly I will become someone who is not tired of work. But ready for it. I will not have to hide how much I accomplish in the shadows. The hours I put in. The nights I spend up and studying while going to sleep to rise and make money, pay bills, work, become dead inside.

Slowly world, slowly- bit by bit- I will regain the pieces of soul I have lost.

Dear world.

Watch me. 

*~*~*~*~*~*

*I was just looking and saw the #lovesimon contest on Wattpad and felt inspired to write my own piece. I'm not entering or anything, but if you feel like writing something and entering it, here is the link! ♥

https://www.wattpad.com/story/138895476-lovesimon-contest