Part 2 - Chapter 41 - The Only Decision

Third Person's POV

"You both have to complete a mating ritual." One of the elders said. Luke eyes widened, whilst Baphomet smirked.

"Luke... you're not doing that right?" Prince asked shyly to Luke. Luke sighed and look at the elders.

"Elders, there have to be another way, don't you think?" Luke asked.

"There's no other way, that we are aware of... however, we are still searching for cures, so it may change... but by the time being, that is the only option we have." The elder answered.

"I'm not trying to be selfish here, but I have to think on this and speak with Prince about it as well."

"That is fine. We have time before it gets extreme, so you have time to decide." The elder replied.

"Thank you. And I want to-" Luke began, but was cut of my his cellular phone ringing. "Excuse a moment." Luke said, as he grabbed his phone, answering it.

"M- Ma." Mickey said in between coughs.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, forgetting the conversation they had with him just a few hours ago.

"Ma... we're sick. Really, really, really bad. We don't know what it is. We need you to help us get better, ma. Please." Mickey begged, on the other end of the phone line.

Luke grew silent on the phone, his brain incorrectly circulating what he had just heard. Not in a million years would he have thought his own offspring would ever be in contact with an illness that is not only spreading like human lice outbreak, but an illness that is killing many wolves. He did not know what to think, nor what to do.

"Ma... are you there?" Mickey's voice sounded off quietly on the other side of the phone line.

"Yeah... I... Yeah, I'm here." Luke's voice stuttered in response to his son's question.

"A- Are you going to come help us?" The week sounding voice of Luke's son asked on the other line.

"I... I don't k... Yeah. I'm coming to help you all. Stay safe, don't over work yourselves or anything. I'll be there in a few days." Said Luke, as he passed his hands through his hair in frustration, his feet pacing the room unknowingly.

"Okay, ma." Mickey responded softly on the other line.

Luke sighed heavily, his brain finding it hard to make a decision.

"What am I going to do now?" Luke asked himself, as he continued to pace faster.

"What's the matter?" Prince asked his lover. The frustration clearly visible on Luke's face.

"The kids..." Luke whispered.

"What about them?"

"They're sick. They have the virus... I think" Luke responded, his tone breathy, shaking ever so slightly.

"Who... Bryan and Ben? Davy and -" Prince asked, not being able to complete what he was saying.

"No! God no!" Luke expressed loudly. "The kids... the boys and Emilie."

"Oh..."

Luke continued to pace, the only option coming in his mind was to ask over the question that was being asked over and over through his mind by his wolf.

"Are there any other options, Elders?" Luke asked desperately. "I don't think I have the will to do that." He added, his voice cracking in between the sentence. He looked at Prince, his eyes shining like a freshly mined diamond.