22 | Realisation

Your mother went into the kitchen as your father looked around. You stood still, slightly nervous. When he called your name, you jumped a little.

"Yes?"

"Stop standing there, come give your father a hug, it's been a while."

You gave your father a hug.

"How have you been?"

"I've been good. How about you, what brings you here?"

Your mother came into the living room with a coffee mug in her hands to give to your father.

"Thank you. I'm here because-

"He wanted a vacation from work. He's the boss of a company overseas, isn't that right?" Your mother interrupted.

Your father looked at your mother. When you spoke he got a little surprised and turned to you again.

"Do you really own a company?"

"That's right. All those days of work finally paid off. So I wanted to visit you and your mother."

Your mother scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I'm heading to bed now, I have work in a few hours." She left and you stayed in the living room with your father.

"I think you should head up too. I'm going to sleep here."

"Alright, I'll bring you a blanket."

You go upstairs to retrieve an extra blanket. When you gave it to him, you went to bed, but you couldn't go to sleep with all the thoughts in your head.

"Why did he come all of a sudden? I couldn't even have a normal father and daughter conversation. Mother didn't even seem surprised about the visit. Did she know he was coming?"

|

You wake up and head downstairs. You look over to the couch but your father wasn't there nor his belongings.

Was it all a dream?

You shake your head. You then grab your phone and your wallet and went towards the door to buy some snacks. You opened the door and see your father on the other side.

"Ah, Y/N, are you going somewhere?"

"Umm... just a walk, that's all."

You didn't want to angry your father during his visit, so you had no other choice to lie.

"Alright..."

|

"Y/N, it's getting late, you should head upstairs and go to bed."

"Oh come on, it's the weekend, let her stay up late."

"Do you set the rules around here? No."

Before your father could say anything else, she gave him a stare as if she was reminding him why he came here. She again told you to head to your room.

"I'm just saying there's no need to be strict. You don't want her to be like you when you were younger, do you?"

"Shut up. Don't you need you pack your things you unpacked-

"I didn't really unpack anything."

"It's better that way."