Chapter 27 | Birthday special

Happy belated birthday to the salty boi Yurio! I actually forgot until I checked my amino page! XD  3/1/18

So in honour of him, I'm gonna get this plot rolling! 

It's really late sorry. I got my computer taken away because I refused to go in and get my school laptop fixed. I hate the tech support. I'll try to make it extra long this time!

WARNING
Some severe pain may be caused by reading this chapter! 

Man, I love screwing with their lives!

=====

The sun was rising and Yuuri was sleeping happily, curled up beside the wall of pillows he'd erected by the wall. Today was going to be a good day. Smiling I relieved my self and washed up before making my way downstairs. 

What is this... My parents were looking over a bunch of papers and certificates. Standing in the doorway I cleared my throat. "Momma? Father? What's happening?" I asked softly. Momma gestured for me to come closer. As I got closer to the table I saw what they were. Forms for adoption. My heart dropped and my vision clouded. I heard 'no!' over and over but I couldn't tell if it was my thoughts or my voice. I sunk to the ground. He can't be leaving! He can't! I haven't gotten to teach him how to figure skate! We were going to compete together!

"Look Vitya, we were just informed that his sister has woken up from a coma and remembers him. She is his now his legal guardian. We have no legal right to keep him here longer than to the point someone adopts him. Yes, it's going to be very hard to let him go but we must." Momma whispered sitting down next to me. "I know Momma, but I thought maybe someday we'd adopt him..." I whispered. The tears that I'd been holding back started to fall. "I know honey," She whispered softly rubbing my back. "I know..."

Once I'd stopped the tears and calmed my breathing, I spoke. "How much longer?" "You have four days before he goes," Father said rising from his spot at the table. "Do you want to break the news or should momma or I?" He said softly. "I'll do it," I whispered standing up. 

Blinking the water out of my eyes, I glared at my sad face. My eyes were bloodshot and puffy and tear stains marred the pale skin of my cheeks. Rubbing my face violently and splashing water everywhere I succeeded in erasing most of the tear stains and puffiness from my eyes but my eyes remained red for the most part. Wiping my face dry I exited the bathroom. Peering into the room to make sure he wasn't changing I opened the door wider and stepped in. Yuuri was sitting on the bed rubbing his eyes. When he saw me his eyes lit up and he smiled brightly. "G'mornin!" He yawned. Hopping down from the bed he ran and hugged me. "You're up early today! Usually, I have to drag you out!" he laughed."Let's go s-" I collapsed on the ground again the pain of having to lose him to great to bear. "V-victor?" Yuuri asked freezing in shock. "A-Are you ok? What's wrong?" He asked sinking down to the ground. When I didn't respond he stiffened. I guess he realized what I meant. "It's time." He whispered. A short nod and his composure fell away leaving the little boy he was inside. "How long do I have?" "Four days," I said my voice breaking. We sat there like that me hugging him while he sat his head on my shoulder. I was hit with the realization of his true feelings as I felt warm tears starting to soak my shirt. "Please don't cry Yuuri," I whispered pushing him up so I could look at him. Sadness overflowed from his body as small crystalline droplets fell indicating his feelings. "Hey, hey. Don't cry." I murmured using my thumbs to wipe his tears away. "You know... There was once a time I had hoped maybe you would adopt me into your family..." Yuuri whispered. "But I see now that was in vain." "I hoped the same. From the moment I laid eyes on you I knew that you would leave us but I also knew I would never want to let you go." I said pulling him close. "If we had the power we'd keep you here with us. You could live a happy life here with me. With Father and momma. But your sister is your guardian. You are to live with her." I explained. "Mari..." I heard him whisper. "Is alive?"