03

I open my eyes, squinting at the sudden brightness from the sun. I lazily rub my eyes and look over to my side, where I see Klaus sleeping peacefully.

A small smile escapes my lips as I watch him for a few more seconds. I wasn't surprised he was sleeping since it was a long night, but he usually gets up way earlier than I do so it's nice to have him here.

I sit up from the bed and wrap a blanket around my body. My feet hit the cold ground as I take in my whole weight, stepping forward until I lose balance and hit the floor. "Ow!"

Pain seeps up my legs and I wince, not expecting this at all. I hear Klaus move from the bed and then he looks at me. "Why are you on the floor, love?"

"You did this." I scold him, grabbing onto the nightstand before holding myself up, one hand still trying to cover my whole body with a blanket.

"For your information, I didn't do anything. It was mostly you." he tells me with a grin on his face. "That's a lie! Your anger got in the way."

"I mean, it wouldn't of gotten in the way if you didn't flirt with Marcel." he says to me, his grin still lingering on his lips. I shoot him a glare, "That's besides the point!"

I slowly walk over to the bathroom door and turn around to face him, who's still sitting on the bed with no shirt and the covers of the bed were covering the lower part of his body. His hair is all messy and his eyes look tired, but he couldn't be more beautiful, I swear.

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower now." I snap myself out of that trance and go to open the door when I hear a whoosh behind me. I turn around again and Klaus is only a few feet away from me.

"Without me? That kind of hurts." he tells me and I gulp, then shake my head. "Yes, without you. It wouldn't be a shower if you were in it."

My hand is still on the handle and I go to turn it, but Klaus puts his hand on top of mine to stop it. "Please." he pouts and I give him a look, "Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" he asks me, confusion washing all over his face. "Your eyes! The ones where you practically beg like a puppy."

"Well, I'm not begging as you say I do." he says and I roll my eyes and he gives me that look again. "Okay, fine. You can join or whatever."

§

"What are you doing with that luggage?" I hear Rebekah from the other room. I walk down to the last step of the stairs and turn to look at her with my hands on my hips.

"I'm going back to Mystic Falls. Remember I have to graduate?" I ask her and she nods, "Oh, that's right. I also do remember your high school friends and how awfully rude they were to me."

"Well, they're about to do the same to me when I tell them I'm staying in New Orleans because I have a child on the way." I tell her and her eyebrows raises. "You mean  to tell me that you never told them?"

"I only told Caroline, but yeah. Nobody knows." I confess, shaking my head. I know they're going to be mad. I mean, I'm supposed to go to college with the girls, but instead I'm going to be feeding my child while they're out partying.

"If your friends hate you for that, just tell them that I wouldn't mind paying them a visit." she smiles and I nod, laughing. "Thanks, Bex."

"And how are my favorite girls doing?"

I look up as Klaus walks down the stairs with a smile and his hands behind his back. "What has gotten you in a good mood?" Rebekah asks with her arms crossed.

"Why must you always question a man's happiness?" Klaus questions and gives me a smile once he hits the floor.

"The two of you are not sneaky at all. I could barely keep an eye closed because of the ruckus. I do have vampire hearing, remember?"